Iron Factory

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by MasterScale, Sep 29, 2016.

1. MasterScale

MasterScale Well-Known Member

Wondering what you all think the possibilities of an Iron Factory Metroplex and/or Omega Supreme are? I like Master Made's take on them, but if there is any chance that these two characters are happening via I.F., I'll hold out.

• Like Like x 1
  2. unicronic

unicronic TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I think Metroplex isn't possible for third parties, certainly not in a scalable way.

Hasbro produced one for US$100 ish and whilst MakeToys effort looks great it's nowhere near the size needed to scale with the legends we've been getting from official and unofficial sources.

Omega Supreme might be more viable as this character is not city sized more large combiner sized.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MasterScale

Thanks for the reply :)  I guess what I'm getting at (and the imputus for the post) was seeing that Iron Factory is making a 7'' tall Scorponok, and it led me to wonder if they had any other of the city/fortress bots or larger characters - like Omega Supreme - in the pipe line.

I'm not concerned with the above characters scaling with anything, I actually just want smalli-ish representations (7 - 8 inches tall) of the characters that aren't super deformed (as much as I like the look of Master Made's offerings).

4. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farms remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's quite possible they will produce them if Lord Scorpion does well. After all, why stop with one triple-changing citybase-bot?

5. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

There is already a Metroplex that scales pretty well with legends - and that's the Generations Metroplex figure.

6. unicronic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    The Scorponok is probably more based on the Marvel comics character who just a tall headmaster not a city bot.

I would like to see a legends scale Omega Supreme too that isn't SD.

7. motorthing

motorthing Carry on you Wayward Son

News Credits:
    Toyworld made an out-of-the-blue Fort Max that works well for me as a Legends take on Marvel Max so it's always possible something like that would happen but I kind of hope IF fill out more of the regular-sized cast at Legends size rather than focusing on larger Bots.....it seems to have slowed them down enough as is making more complex/large sets this year.

8. LazyAza

LazyAza Ehhhhh

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Nope, he has a base mode, just as their overlord does. IF doesn't care about citybot scaling whatsoever and has already done two essentially. So if they do an omega/metro they'll likely be of a similar size to their scorp.

In general its hard to predict what IF is going to do/not do however, they seem to love the comics but plenty of their figures are either only loosely based on marvel/dreamwave/idw or not at all so eh, whatever they wanna do they'll do. I'd also love to seem them do pretty much all the city bots.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Legate

Legate Plastic Crack Addict

I'd say that since they're doing a Scorponok they at least have some designs in place for a Metroplex, possibly Trypticon, Fort Max, and Omega Supreme. Whether those designs see the light of day is almost entirely dependent on the success of Lord Scorpion.

10. unicronic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    The base modes are an added bonus. What I meant was both characters have been featured as 'normal' sized characters in both recent and old comics. As a physical figure they tick many boxes for fans of both concepts.

I would be surprised to see them do Metroplex as the same scale.

11. Susha

Susha Well-Known Member

EVERYTHING IF does refers to IDW universe. even when the do the 'war within' dynobots, its cos Roche used them in Maximum Dynobots with those forms.
    IF Scorpnok is more or less the size he has in IDW comics, compared to other legends scale.

here
    [​IMG]

also maketoys utopia is legends scale i suppose?
    [​IMG]

12. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

Agreed. I could see Fort Max. Possibly Omega Supreme, but he'd probably be their biggest figure ever. Can't imagine them tackling Metroplex.

But like LazyAza said you can't predict IF. They could follow Sixshot up with Throttlebots or Wheelie.

13. MasterScale

I'd buy an IF Wheelie just because he'd be so ridiculously small :p 

14. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:

This is my wish as well, and i will have both Master Made Omega / Metroplex, but, if Iron Factory were to do something like their Scorponok, ie smaller / no die cast / much cheaper, i will likely double dip and get Metroplex and Omega Supreme from them too. Those are the only two giants i want, well, maybe Skyfire too. Now, they wouldnt really scale, but screw scale, just make it similar size to Scorponok across the border, small cities are nice to have. For those wanting scale, they have Maketoys and Hasbro/Tak, so it would be more for fans wanting something small and cool, like me.

• Like Like x 1
  15. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

I am surprised IF hasn't tackled Jetfire yet. He was big in the early IDW comics, and that design had a ton of weapons. And looking at their UM and Prowl they love designing bots built for overkill.

• Like Like x 1