Iron Factory Warpath (Legends scale)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Potchez, Oct 27, 2017.

1. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

I am hoping we'll start seeing some regular reviews soon. IF keeps sending their Warpath out for photoshoots so it feels like they are getting closer to shipping.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Everyday is Rusev Day TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 18
  3. Chareos

Chareos Study Your Transformer's Tech Specs!

Beautiful pics, Kuma Style! You might be pushing me over the brink into getting Legends class. :eek: 

• Like Like x 2
  4. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

So Cute.

• Like Like x 1
  5. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, I have the hasbro's Deluxe, Legends, Legion, and G1 Warpath figures.

This guy on preorder of course.

Do I want to spend $100 on Wardog to complete the set hmmm....

• Like Like x 3
  6. zeroblue2099

Yes!
    Packaging shots! It must be so close to shipping. DX9's Optimus, New Age Bumblebee and IF Warpath might all ship by the end of the month. June is looking good.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Pessimus Prime

Pessimus Prime Slackerbot Commander

You know, everything you've heard about Wardog's transformation is true. But he really does look the part. And in all the time since his release, no one else has seen fit to take a stab at Warpath. I have no doubt that if any other company some day takes a run at it they will come up with something less frustrating to transform, but as always it's an open question of how long, and there are still plenty of characters with little to no representation. Comes down to how soon you want to tie off collecting and how much you want a Warpath for that collection.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Chareos

Chareos Study Your Transformer's Tech Specs!

Yeah I'm getting a Robotech vibe like those chunky hovertanks from Southern Cross. I can imagine there's a pilot inside that mech - and that's a good thing :) 

• Like Like x 2
  9. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Green Energon Strike Coaltion

I had one errant VHS of Robotech from Sam Goody when I was a kid, and it was from the Southern Cross Portion. But, it still had that wild Robotech theme music, all the same.

However, I was actually thinking of the Strike Valkyrie...

E61EFF4F-0CCE-48AB-81B9-246EA3D6F40E.gif

And, if you’d like to see it in motion, there’s a solid shot at the end of Do You Remember Love, specifically 5 minutes into the vid below...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Potchez

Potchez Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    You had me at Front Mission..

• Like Like x 2
  11. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Green Energon Strike Coaltion

I dunno what’s up with Left Alive, but...

Continuing in the vein of discontinuity in a follow up title—this time for Armored Core instead of F.M, I was stunned to see the following start off this year’s Nintendo Direct...

Admittedly, Wapath might need some boosters to keep up, but there’s certainly a resemblence with Bandai Namco’s, and SquEnix’s, mecha.

But, I kept thinking during the Direct that the transition noises where the tchish tchush tchoosh of a Transformation Cog whirring away, but I think it might’ve just been the squeaks and chortles of Riddley! xP

I’m also psyched to start up Hollow Knight, at long last! And, on a more biomecha front, Killer Queen Black looks amazing, and it gives me some Guyver and Tekkaman vibes.

Finally, on the tangent of games, I saw two MasterMade figs on RoboToyBase from Metal Slug, a while ago. It’s not what I’d expect them to branch into, but they do look to have the same degree of care and craft that MasterMade is known for.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Crom

Crom Well-Known Member

But if he's collecting all the Warpaths won't he just end up buying any new versions that crop up..?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Pessimus Prime

Maybe, but I interpreted him as not collecting literally EVERY Warpath but one of roughly each scale/class. If he wants to make a creepy little Warpath shrine, I imagine he'd just buy a Wardog for it and not agonize over it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. IronMagnus

News Credits:
    I guess it was implied because I listed every other warpath (to my knowledge) that is available. I even got the Movie Warpath figure, but I didn't mention it because he's not a tank.

I mean, I have no huge affinity for the character, it just kinda worked out that I ended up with all the easy-to-get versions of him.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Pessimus Prime

That’s interesting! Well, if you have no special feeling for the character I probably wouldn’t recommend Wardog, unless completionist tendencies prevail over other considerations. If you’re the kind of collector who likes to transform their figures from time to time he is a difficult figure to love. I’m a bit of a Warpath fan but I got mine to leave in bot mode.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Everyday is Rusev Day TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Got the full review up for Iron Factory's IF EX-28 Burning Slug. Link in sig (if on mobile, change to landscape view so see signatures.)

[​IMG]

Burning Slug is a very straightforward piece in that it's well-done per Iron Factory's high standards but unlike the recently released Cygnus doesn't do anything that really changes the game. The review on site gives it a full break down and here are a few pics from the gallery:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  17. zeroblue2099

Good review!
    Looking forward replacing my Hasbro Warpath (remolded Megatron).
    Also appreciate the instructions on how to get to the review on my cell!

• Like Like x 3
  18. IronMagnus

News Credits:
    Really digging this guy. I like the simplicity, not everything needs to be super complex. As long as it looks good, which he does.

One thing, I think it might be easier to add in the gun handle to the crotch-flap as you're transforming the legs instead of after?

• Like Like x 4
  19. Pessimus Prime

It's a shame that the ankle tilts are a little limited but if any character is a bit justified in being a brick it's Warpath. I can definitely live with it. In all other respects he looks great, really looking forward to having him. I've always dug Warpath, I always found it pretty cool for a bot to have a big honkin' tank turret incorporated into his chest, and it was also neat to see an Autobot that had a more obviously combat oriented alt-mode and mind set. The Autobots needed a bit of that to balance out all the whiners and milk sops taking up space in the Ark.

• Like Like x 3
  20. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    • Like Like x 3