Iron Factory War Giant (Bruticus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Onslaught24, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Potchez

Potchez Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I've seen a couple people post about IF Nickel and Pet like they've been revealed.

The only ones I've seen are the MMC versions.

Are people just assuming IF is going to make them?

2. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Cultus Volcanicus

News Credits:
    Iron Factory’s DJD is named after the stars in the Bigger Dipper, @Potchez, so I think it’s a safe deduction that Alioth and Megrez will wind up as The Pet and Nickel, or vise versa.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Potchez

Potchez Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    So they were mentioned?
    Can you link where?

4. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty sure it's still just supposition at this point.

• Like Like x 3
  5. GrimLocke

News Credits:
    Yep, just a guess, @Potchez

But a fairly educated one since the DJD characters announced so far, @IronMagnus, sure do match up to five out of seven of the stars on the Big Dipper.

If there weren’t two more figures planned, then touché, Iron Factory, excellent trolling.

• Like Like x 1
  6. usonic

usonic Well-Known Member

Recently picked up the last set of vortex and blastoff, however noticed that the set did not include the two small side cannons with vortex that attach to the side of bruticus’s gun, does any body have a contact for iron factory?
    Unfortunately I purchased via A Chinese seller on eBay and fear any communication to them about this isn’t going to get far.
    Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  7. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    May be a dumb question, but are you sure they aren't attached to him? He came in the package with his guns pegged into his shoulders or back. I can't recall specifically, but I remember immediately thinking mine were missing too until I realized they were attached to him. Best of luck.

• Like Like x 1
  8. usonic

usonic Well-Known Member

Unfortunately they weren’t attached to his shoulders, went to transform him from robot and he had no shoulder cannons as per the instructions. Not a major, but kinda miffed his weapon looks incomplete.
    Hopefully the seller gets back to me and is able to source the parts.

9. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Any word on a KO of this set yet?

10. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Bloodstriker

Bloodstriker Well-Known Member

I just got my set today - does anybody know what faction stickers will fit those tiny cutouts on the bots? The smallest Toyhax stickers are too big.

12. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    None, because Iron Factory hates Decepticons.

But WST/Micro faction symbols might fit. They are super small.

• Like Like x 2
  13. GrimLocke

News Credits:
    As I work my way through some 5mm play, this photo really caught my eye...

42F4D993-26F2-4D74-884F-CEC72C972413.jpeg

Of course, the focus was my best attempt to homage Fall of Cybertron’s Flamethrowing Blastoff with Combiner Hunter Windblade’s Dual Curved Swords, plus a little heavy metal dancing action for Bruticus.

But, admittedly, it’s more that light caught in MasterMade Trypticon’s eye that really sets this one apart!

Even if I never quite replicate that angle, this is a beaut’! ^.^

Oh, and, for more of this kind of stuff, come visit the Legends Exhibit~
    Show off your 3P legends scale figures here!

• Like Like x 4
  14. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oops

15. Ozymandias13

Ozymandias13 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, I have Onslaught on the slow boat mostly because I want a complete set of the Arcee mold and Hunter is def gonna be the highlight of said set.

I'm not a big fan of Earthican altmodes in general as it's impossible for me to justify vehicles in mismatched scales - esp since I like 18th scale as my standard - so I trend toward the altmodes that can be explained away as 'alien machine mode' or 'weird mutant animal' or 'weird mutant animal mecha' and I try to fit the overall TF canon into my fancanon that has everyone in the same universe.

From that starting point, having a robot that turns into a child-sized PowerWheels of an 18-wheeler is a no-go; and I need to find a way to justify having Onslaught in my collection to explain away why I'm not really throwing $50 at an Arcee repaint.

Also having the IF Asura Knights, I felt that Grimlock's Cybertronian altmode looked kinda tractor-trailery but without the trailer. I could see it being cool for that team to have a trailer that all their gear could fit on. I've also got an idea for an Asura Knight Slash that might could use the trailer as a landing platform, maybe.

So, those of you with both; is this a pipe dream due to any particular detail I don't see in Onslaught's pics? Am I faced with trying to dump a Hunter-less Onslaught on the aftermarket?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Grievlocke

Grievlocke Omni Armory

News Credits:
    Finally put my set together and I am seriously floored. This thing is amazing, hands down. Everything fits snuggly and I’m much less worried about the linb connections than I originally thought I would be.

Superb all around, can’t wait for the DJD to start coming out!

• Like Like x 1
  17. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    Just keep an eye on the mushroom pegs that his elbows are on. They can stress and break at their base due to the force that can be put on them while moving the ratcheted elbows. Try to only bend the elbows through touching the black parts of them, not Blast Off or Vortex.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Krooked

Krooked Well-Known Member

my joint on blastoff is like that....stress mark within two transformations....not as bad as others have mentioned on the board. still an amazing figure, but care needs to be taken.

• Like Like x 1
  19. GrimLocke

News Credits:
    I’ve been meaning to add some pics to this thread, to document the damage, so far~

96580D0A-CA66-43AB-864E-F3DA77C30391.jpeg

I’m probably gunna wait for it to break before I message IF ><

On the other hand, it’s an opportunity to send IF my pleas suggestions for future figs.

Meanwhile, I unpacked a spare, refurb LED lamp that I thought looked kinda bad overhead, but actually works wonders when put directly in front of everything, just letting the light blow things out...

CBEC6B06-B152-402E-A2ED-20CEA9B96A42.jpeg 26848EF7-E941-4793-BD3C-2062B0F8EA1B.jpeg

The first pic is with HDR on, and the second is with HDR off. Normally, I use High Dynamic Range to suss out light, but it’s nice having the reverse situation by algorithmicly adding shade. Obviously, there’s a lot more detail and lot less errant noise in the color reproduction versus the usual screened daylight plus old desklamp.

Also, you can just barely make out the crack in Blast Off’s mushroom peg in the above pics.

But, some new CFL bulbs I got were really awful, and really gave off this awful white glare over the original yellow hue that my mica shade bankers lamp used to give off.

Still, I did use that lamp to take some shots of some Alt Mode Appreciation... That I’ll eventually need to retake with a bit more, and better, lighting.

But, until then...

57DEAF1F-9B5E-44CD-8975-2C0BBE0A37A6.jpeg 3CCFE69E-7E91-41B5-AC17-CC95220DCD0A.jpeg 6F8C55B2-9756-4DC0-997F-4830CCB8DDB5.jpeg F9E242C3-7872-4DDA-BC90-104E1EE561E5.jpeg

I originally had the trailer plugged into Onslaught, but I just really don’t have the desk space to feature that and Nemesis mode Trypticon, so I let Ravage hang out on a rocket sled, instead.

Posing Soundwave to surf was a little tricky, but so was plugging the stands into Trypticon, since they weren’t seated too flush against the cannons. I probably should’ve plugged them into the ship proper, and likely will take a shot of a less heavily armed Nemesis. As is, I was a little worried that Windblade’s sabers/Blast Off’s exhausts might break, but that crisis was averted. Still, I enjoyed the busy Nemesis, and it does help to make ship and base modes look less alike.

Moreover, I realized that I didn’t need the 3D printed connector and could just slot the ko stand’s peg into Laserbeak’s body, especially since my old groove laden Bandai stand apparently plugs into its base with a 6mm plug! :eek: 

And, while I want to wait for Jazz and Slipstream before I work up a little city mode play, I might just do that some day sooner when I get around to retaking photos of Nemesis.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Grievlocke

Grievlocke Omni Armory

News Credits:
    Right! Normally I grab as close to the joint as I can get so there’s no leverage pressure anywhere. Thanks for the heads up though! Sometimes I can get over eager so best to be extra cautious.

• Like Like x 1