Iron Factory War Giant (Bruticus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Onslaught24, Nov 26, 2016.

1. BAD187

BAD187 Mark of the Wolf

You know what's also really funny, their tiny shockwave shits all over the ft qw and tt lw. It looks as good as c9.

Same way their um looked better than mp and off versions.

Best looking bruticus so far btw.

2. Grievlocke

Grievlocke 5mm Addict

Absolutely bought. I never cared for the SC gimmick, so I am okay with it being left out.

Can we have a second though? The individual bots look amazing. Every single one of them looks to have an ankle joint of some sort, not to mention that most of them appear to have double jointed elbows. Absolutely amazing.

Swindle looks to be about 3-3/8" tall, based on the pic with Arcee. Blast Off, Vortex and Brawl all look to be about 3-5/8" tall based on a comparison to Blaster. Brawl looking larger due to his shoulders. Onslaught looks to be about 4" tall.

To me, $60 a set with $180 overall seems fine and I would more than be okay with that. If that's the pricing, I am actually thinking of picking up 2 sets, so I can have one combined and one as foot soldiers.

The one thing Iron Factory constantly reminds us of, is that they are worth it. I just got Scorponok in and he is perfect. Every release they've had is amazing and fun, I expect no less from Bruticus.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Broken Forge

Broken Forge Formerly Neo Vox

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    So adorably chunky

4. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    This is gonna be a tough one to ignore, that's for sure.

5. Susha

Susha Well-Known Member

just to please the gods of redundancy (rejoice!) i'll say it again.

The 'Dynobots' war within designs were used by IDW (Niche Roche) in either Shockwave; spotlight or/and maximal dinobots arc.
    Its just a couple of panels, before they opt for the dinosaur modes before engaging shockwave (i guess its spotlight shockwave then...)

Point being everything IF seems to be IDW cybertronian modes. The 3 defining features seems to be, IDW, cybetronian mode, designs from some years ago: furman idw era (less copyright issues?)

Just to stress the point. We now have the coneheads, last time we had a 'cybetronian mode' for them was RID volume 1
    This doesn't seem like the design of inspiration,
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

More likely its the seeker designs from Megatron Origin,
    [​IMG]

I'm not sure but considering everything else IF coming is from IDW universe everytime I see an exception to this 'rule' I'd check twice before calling it.

6. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC Schmuck

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    The seekers seem to be based on a mix of guido's art and don's art to me. IF likes to mush different elements of things together but they're all pretty much pulled from the idw comics in general

This Bruticus though, seems to be an original design. I don't recall seeing the combaticons looking like that in any of the comics I've read. Especially with their onslaught having those rail guns on his back instead of the usual standard canon barrels, I do love that design choice especially. And their Swindle of course is much more humvee/apc like than the jeep he was in g1.

Its kinda funny how specifically this set seems to be approaching the characters/design in a similar way to how warbotron did, but in many ways is doing a much much better job of it. I can already tell the arm bot transformations are leagues above the shit-show that was warbo's blast and vortex.

Although their Brawl does kind of give me a WfC/FoC Brawl vibe, but that's mostly just the shoulders due to the treads facing out rather than forward.

• Like Like x 4
  7. BrutiKing

BrutiKing I is a Bruticus fan

The Bruticus looks amazing! Mind blown. :bay I hope I can stock up enough cash to buy this tho.:jawdropper: 

8. Shockwav

Shockwav Well-Known Member

Can't wait for this! Bruticus!!

9. Robogeek28

News Credits:
    Looking at that picture of Brawl's back in combined mode I'm not seeing how it would be possible for his waist to extend like Blastoff's and Vortex's do to make an arm.

No Scramble City. :( 

10. icemanff23

icemanff23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is actually a good way for IF to make some extra dough but actually having different colour renditions with these, such as G1, G2 and also the ruination colour scheme. Just like they had done previously with Magnus. The special elbow waist articulation for combined mode came from UT Ordin back in the day and i find it really helpful and a nice change to the way that combiners can be presented to form even if its a legends scaled figure.

nah man going with G1 here, it would look kinda weird now having a arm as a tank, they need the heavy units to be the stability for the figure. The concept of Scramble city should really stay with TFC, they sorta got the knack for how its done.

11. Robogeek28

News Credits:
    Preorders up at BBTS in 2 sets of two and then Onslaught, and these guys will cost $210 altogether.

Sorry IF, you priced yourselves out of any interest.

• Like Like x 1
  12. deruberhanyok

deruberhanyok Well-Known Member

Well, the dynobots were listed at $180 on BBTS initially, and now they're available for $130 - maybe we'll see the same with this set. I've noticed most of the IF figures can be had for (sometimes significantly) cheaper via sellers on ebay than domestic storefronts. I just ordered their Scorponok for $60 over the weekend, for instance, and most US shops have him for $80.

That said - yoikes. Even if the figures are amazing (and pictures so far really do make them look amazing), when they're selling Arcee for $20 and these guys are similar size / slightly larger, with Onslaught maybe around the height of their UM (at roughly $40), $210 for a pint-sized combiner is going to be a tough sell.

• Like Like x 1
  13. kukuburd

kukuburd Eh?

That's crazy...thanks to your headsup, I went and checked taobao to see if there were any preorders there for this, and indeed there was. Multiple sellers all reporting the same info, that the expected price of each set would be around 289rmb(~41usd), and if you preordered all 3 sets there will be a bonus. No mention of what the bonus is exactly, but I'm guessing it might be shockwave.

Anyways, at ~41usd per set, the total cost if you bought this in China it would be closer to ~125usd. For the price to be set at $210, that's a huge markup. You might be better off waiting for the whole set to be released and purchasing it via a taobao agent. Even with an 8% agent fee and, let's say, an crazy 50usd in shipping costs, it would still be cheaper.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Robogeek28

News Credits:
    As mentioned, Iron Factory figures are a lot cheaper on Ebay from overseas sellers, so if I do decide to pick some of these guys up, it'll be from there instead. Those Seeker prices are especially painful for me, as I was hoping to get them alongside the much more reasonably priced DX9 sets. I expected the IF Seekers to be a little pricier, but not nearly by that much.

15. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    will wait for ebay prices once they are out... and decide later. Cant "handle" it right now. The set should not be so much more than the Dynobots.

16. Robogeek28

News Credits:
    Yeah, they're on my list as well.

I have two more things that I'm waiting for to come in and then I think I'm done with them for awhile.

• Like Like x 1
  17. kukuburd

kukuburd Eh?

Taken from a typical taobao listing for this bruticus:

产品名称:IronFactory IF-EX22 混天豹 双腿 吵闹 诈骗 War Giant 战争巨神A 预订
    产  地:中国
    品  牌:IronFactory
    主要材质:塑胶 ABS
    规  格:合体高约24cm
    适合年龄:14岁以上
    温馨提示:此混天豹分3套装出货,此链接只是预订双腿套装(含合体脚板)--吵闹,诈骗的订金;
    IF-EX22/23/24三套一起预订有特典!
    备  注:混天豹双腿,悍马和坦克,合体形态等高,人形形态下吵闹比诈骗高大很多,吵闹高度接近袭击,5人中第二高。
    预订须知:30元为订金,非商品价格,不含运费,请注意!订金只作预订此款商品使用,不退不换其他商品,不抵价使用,中途不退订。定金需要先确认到账,货到了后通知补齐余款发货。请看清楚本店预订须知后再下单预订,多谢配合理解!
    预订价格:289元(IF-EX22/23/24三套一起预订送特典!)
    预计上市时间:2017年暑期(仅供参考,最后发售时间以实际为准)

Google translate

Product Name: IronFactory IF-EX22 Legs of Legs War Giant War A made in China
    Brand: IronFactory The main material: ABS plastic Specifications: fit height of about 24cm
    Tips: This mixed days Panther 3 sub-set shipments, this link is only a set of legs set (including fit the feet) - noisy, fraud deposit; IF-EX22 / 23/24 three sets of reservations with special code!
    Note: mixed days Panthers legs, Hummer and tanks, fit shape high, human form than the noise under the noise much tall, noisy close to the attack height, 5 in the second high.
    Booking Information: 30 yuan for the deposit, non-commodity prices, excluding shipping, please note! Deposit only for the reservation of this product use, non-refundable for other goods, not price to use, half-way does not unsubscribe. Deposit needs to be confirmed to the account, the goods after the arrival of the remaining balance of delivery notice. Please look at our reservations before booking the next booking, thank you with understanding!

Booking price: 289 yuan (IF-EX22 / 23/24 three sets with the book to send special code!) Expected time to market: 2017 Summer (for reference only, the final release date to the actual date)

18. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    So original estimate time is summer, and that is to be determined, but BBTS puts 1st quarter...

19. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know little from the IDW comics, but the above looks a lot like Dreamwave's War Within seeker jets

20. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, $210 for the set? No thanks. I'll definitely scour eBay after these are released as with most IF stuff. If I can't get them for less I'll just do without.

• Like Like x 2