Iron Factory War Giant (Bruticus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Onslaught24, Nov 26, 2016.

1. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

Too soon to know when they'll be out yet, but from the first image we see it's in 3 sets: EX 22-24.

I'm guessing it'll be Swindle and Brawl in one set, Blastoff and Vortex in another set, and then Onslaught + hands/feet/etc in the final set.

Actually, IF is so awesome, I'm guessing that any extra bits like hands and feet will turn into part of onslaught's vehicle mode. His vehicle will be a longer gun truck like the original, but just the front will turn into a robot the same size as the others, as we see in the group shot.

2. MrZurkon

MrZurkon Well-Known Member

I generally don't get it either; for me it's less about scale and more about size. They're just too small for my tastes. However, the more I keep looking at this the more interested I get, lol.

3. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks amazing. I'm not sure I'll be able to afford them, but I'm glad to see Iron Factory keeps putting out awesome stuff .

• Like Like x 1
  4. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    BlastOff looks to have Warbotron's alt-mode design, which makes little sense. It's not G1, IDW, CW, or anything. It's just copying the least-accurate source out there.

5. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Retro Active TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    One concern that comes to mind given the way they appear to be splitting this into three product numbers, is that it means they're probably going to test the waters again for a $180 total set price. They tried that with the Dynobots and had to knock it down to $150 due to tepid reception at such a high price for five legends-scale figures and within a month of release they were already down to around $135 prior to black friday. Can totally see them trying to do this as three $60 packs (two pairs and the fifth, largest figure with the extra combiner bits). Well, if nothing else, at least the quality will be way better than Hulkie. =P Given the quantity of IF stuff just announced, I may hold off on pre-ordering this one, just to wait for a better price since this one is likely to be the one where the biggest price drops will occur if it starts out so expensive like the Dynobots did.
    I could see them offering Bridgewatcher as a pre-order bonus for this set though, which would certainly take the edge off the cost. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  6. Big Bronze Rim

Big Bronze Rim ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

All your paycheck are belong to us!

• Like Like x 3
  7. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Wut? Blasphemy!!!

8. kukuburd

kukuburd Eh?

Ah, I see. Anyways, despite the small size this bruticus seems to have an amazing amount of detail, at least in combined mode.

Personally I'm not that big of an IF fan due to their simplistic transformations, the only figure i have is their delta magnus which was kind of disappointing. Really cool fun to fiddle around in bot mode, but some tolerance issues made the transformation not very interesting or enjoyable for me.

I hope they give it enough paint to really make those details pop, and as long as they engineer the transformation to be suitably complex and fun, I'm fine with 60 or even $80 per set :p 

9. is456

is456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    packer-war. if you like small size, you will take them. but the size is too small, maybe other 3rd party always make to same size. but I have FPJ make same one late year.

10. gericault

gericault Well-Known Member

THIS is what I've been waiting for since the first 3P toys started showing up years ago. I am officially completely crazy excited!
    Almost as excited as I am for my daughter being born in January!
    But it's a toss up. :) 

• Like Like x 4
  11. MasterScale

MasterScale Well-Known Member

I am totally impressed that IF managed to get the combined mode so proportionate. Particularly in the abdomen/trunk/chest area with only one bot making that area. Want this guy. And Dai Atlas. And Shockwave.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  12. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

The combined mode does look proportionate with good articulation. I hope we get shots of Onslaught, Blast-Off and Vortex's vehicle and bot modes.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Onslaughts bot mode is very small, it looks like a trailer will help form the torso. You can see the big guns and pieces on the back but how it works exactly who knows.

14. calubin175

calubin175 Well-Known Member

I am going to sell all my MPs and switch to Iron Factory in full force.

So these guys fit the Titan Class Metroplex, not Maketoys' one?

I am expecting this guy to be as tall as Scorponok.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Wolfguard

Wolfguard Your own personal Jesus.

Another cool IF product?! Haha, I'm on sensory overload!

:D 

16. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Iron Factory should open a subsidiary or contract a second factory to speed up production.

17. Bnz Toy

Bnz Toy 3P Combiner

How do you think this guy will scale and look with mastermade Citybots?

18. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC Schmuck

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    The dinobots were incredibly basic figures and so the price tag was very difficult to swallow. These however have far more parts and engineering going on, are similarly sized and so $180 for a set like this wouldn't be that ludicrous. Think of it as each limb guy, who comes with weapons and a foot or hand is $30 each and Onslaught who comes with many more weapons, the chest plate, etc is $60. That's $180 combined. Makes perfect sense to me. I'd happily pay that.

That said if they can somehow sell this thing for $150 that would be an incredibly good deal and would likely entice many more people to pick it up. But I suspect if that price happens it'll be exclusive to hk sellers.

19. DesertDog

DesertDog The dust is every where

In the Alberta Rockies on my Triumph Tiger 800XC
    I won't be buying them but I'm looking forward to seeing this in Ruination and maybe even Battle Gaia colours.

I hope they do Defensor next.

• Like Like x 1
  20. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

IF isn't shy about repaints, so normally everyone should get what want.

I'd really like to see Defensor too. Swindle is my favorite combiner character, but First-Aid is second.

I hope now that Combiner Wars is all done IDW can go back to fleshing out a few more of these guys.