Iron Factory IF EX-05H Miko Combiner Hunters Windblade

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by TM2 Dinobot, Mar 19, 2018.

1. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    This is why I love 3rd party stuff. They do smaller product runs and can afford to do more things like this. Hasbro is way too focused on making toys that they think will be sellable to as many people as possible. I think if they did more products like this then it would ultimately help enrich their property's fanbase.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cool. I like IF's stuff, and like it more when it's price is lower than their usual stuff, so preordered at TCP. Added in their Slipstream too since I forgot to place a preorder for that before.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tetragrammaton

Tetragrammaton Chief Justice Fruitloop

I'm not a fan of this colour scheme. But for those who have been curious? Buy her. She's a solid little figure and visually pleasing. And for those who do enjoy the CH repaint, this is a beautiful homage

• Like Like x 1
  4. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't know about that. I order stuff from rub pretty often and he goes through showZ. When I had a defect, he asked showZ to get me a part and they did so reasonably quickly and with no fuss whatsoever. Granted, that's just my one experience (all my other figures have arrived with no defects) but it went pretty far in convincing me they were solid. What happened in your case?

This figure looks awesome. I don't care for combiner hunters (hate the Arcee repaint) or idw in general but this is a damn good looking mold and a really nice paint job. I'm actually tempted to buy her again for this paint job but I really don't need two Windblades.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Lord Dcast

Lord Dcast Dr Lockdown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    ...how the hell did they make that ugly paint scheme look good?! DAMN YOU IRON FACTORY FOR EMPTYING MY WALLET!

• Like Like x 4
  6. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    My preordered MFT Sludge came missing one of the big translucent black inserts that go in the robot shoulders. When I contacted them about it all they wanted to do was refund me $3. When I persisted for a replacement part (instead of $3 off a $30ish figure), and even offered to wait until my preordered NB Overlord came in for them to send the missing part. Instead they mailed me a part separately, but despite the photos I sent and clear description of the missing part that I gave, they sent the wrong, smaller translucent black insert that goes in the front dino legs. When I contacted them about receiving the wrong part they never replied.

I said screw it and just got a replacement figure from hzj on ebay for cheaper.

I don't buy from ShowZ anymore unless I can't get the item anywhere else.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pessimus Prime

Pessimus Prime Slackerbot Commander

I have the original version of this mold but like it so much I'm liable to bite on this too. Deco looks great.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

Missed out on the original version. Preordered this one. That paint job looks pretty dang good.

9. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope the original deco is released as a stand alone, and the CH repaint as bonus. But IF is going to need something extra to move that SG Optimus.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. captain N

captain N Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What wrong with her face. And as a jet she looks so bad. She looks like a bad happy meal toy.

11. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    As one of my favorite items, IF or otherwise (points at avatar), I will probably pick up this version as well. Love the new colors and my original is showing some wear (wish I had picked up a 2nd when they were still plentiful).

• Like Like x 2
  12. Aldetron

Aldetron Seeker

News Credits:
    Awesome. Glad to be misinformed on this one. And insta-ordered. So much bang for the buck on this.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well that sucks. I'd probably do exactly the same in your shoes.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

I will totally be your customer if you pull this off.

• Like Like x 1
  15. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Cultus Volcanicus

News Credits:
    I’ve been wavering between Nova and Dank Prime or waiting for a Black Convoy/Scourge out of IF, which would make that pretty decisive for me, @zeroblue2099. Not that I wouldn’t swoon at the sight of an IF R1D Scourge, of course.

I also wonder if this got put out because of a clamoring from the fandom, or because they always intended to do the Combiner Hunters once they put out the bonus Arcee that came with War Giant.

And, I’m still waiting for a shipping notice from ShowZ on DX9’s Sonic Wizard. I’m just gunna hope that they manage to find that in their warehouse, @NOCV.

So, at that, I guess I might continue my tour of the scene with Planet Steel Express for a ravishing kitten cassette—presuming that meets the minimum order quantity—and The Chosen Prime for some slightly less exclusive goods.

16. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was never too interested in their first Windblade (or the character in general from any line.. Generations, TR, or RID).. but this repaint just adds that something extra that makes it pop... and already having their CH Arcee... definitely have to pick this up, just in case they make Chromia too.

• Like Like x 1
  17. siccoyote

siccoyote Worst side of the fandom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have to say she does look cute and appealing, at the moment seems to be $21.99 is the cheapest, might wait see if it pops up anywhere cheaper.

Now, can we get a fully poseable TFPrime Miko with apex armour?

• Like Like x 2
  18. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is this a limited run

19. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

I own the first release of this gal and would totally buy this one too. Love the mold, she's absolutely adorable!

• Like Like x 1
  20. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Cultus Volcanicus

News Credits:
    I think Miko is adorable and, for the scale, better proportioned than HasTak’s attempts at Windblade. But, since she’s among the characters I especially like, a really inventive or creative production at the voyager to MP size from Master Mind Creations, Make Toys (Cross Dimension), or Perfect Effect would also be sweet. And, it would be interesting to see Planet X interpret her, but I think that’s a long shot.

Still, I do agree, @IronMagnus, that the gold against the red makes Miko a little more vibrant, whether that might bring to mind memories of Tony Stark or Casval Deikun :p 

I think there’s the same number of paint applications between the faces, but they’re broken up differently, so that the face, helmet, hair, and headdress are more defined against one other in CH Miko. There are, however, more paint apps on her legs and feet which differently breathes a touch more life into her.

So, ya know—thank you, Iron Factory!

Also, a thanks to @TFalucardlee on twitter for the photography. If I didn’t know better, I might think she’s a Ronin Warrior! And, remember, kids, zoom and enhance is for the correct attribution of sources.

Oh, just one more thing...

Dual Curved Swords