Iron Factory Bridgewatcher (Shockwave)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Onslaught24, Nov 26, 2016.

1. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Here is the link for The Chosen Prime

Iron Factory EX21 BRIDGE WATCHER

All we know about release is that it is second quarter... that means June then i guess, cause that is all the month left in the second quarter.

• Like Like x 2
  2. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This made my day. Makes me wonder if they have any other surprises coming up; special redecos or a new figure IF has been keeping under wraps. Hopefully TFS gets the seekers soon.
    I was glad to see an update on Shockwave; I was starting to think that he would had slide back on their schedule closer to the end of the year.

3. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    This might be the best 3rd party toy for the dollar i have ever purchased / owned, but i hope it will be on ebay for 25$ shipped.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Too bad they couldn't have made the Seekers $25 apiece as well, especially since they have so much repaint potential.

• Like Like x 1
  5. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Maybe they plan to do a gray and clear shockwave at outrages exclusive prices again... wait for TFCon Toronto at least!! ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  6. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Late June at the earliest at this point. It's more likely to be a July release since Wing of Tyrant just arrived and next up is the Lord Scorpion Dark Matter repaint. Then it's a toss-up between Bridge Watcher and the other two Wing of Tyrant seekers. Since we're seeing this in full color already, this might come first.

As for the pricing change, I think they may be testing the waters with a lower price point to see if volume makes up for the lower revenue per unit. I know it's made me decide to get two and consider picking up a third, which I wouldn't have at the original price.

We also saw the Mech Planet Hot Soldiers come in at a crazy-low price point (granted, likely with some borrowed designs or something to give them a leg up and reduce the normal cost to produce a new figure), and it likely sold very well, but it was also first to market, beating DX9 with a G1-style Soundwave. I'm sure IF keeps an eye on the legends scale competition when their entire business so far is legends scale. They might also be looking to relieve some pressure for what most of us consider to be pretty high prices for legends scale figures.

Last edited: May 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  7. zeroblue2099

News Credits:
    I didn't even think of the competition from Mech Planet Hot Soldiers. If MPHS decision to go with a lower price point did influence IF to drop their prices then I feel like I should order up the Soundblaster repaint; maybe they will drop the prices on their Swindle/Brawl set.

I wonder if DX9's lower priced set of seekers/coneheads also affected their choice to lower prices. My original plan was one set of DX9 Coneheads and IF's Red Wing of Tyrant; see which I liked better in hand and avoid double dipping. Getting the DX9's coneheads in hand convinced me sixty isn't too bad a price to double dip. And IF's decision to make the Ghost Starscream a limited pack-in changed my mind; I've pre-ordered their TC and Skywarp. But I'm still holding off on IF's Fang of Tyranny set until I get one of their seekers in hand.

And UT has been pricing their War in Palm guys similar to DX9's, but UT's focus has seemed to switched. Maybe the Legends market wasn't that successful for them?

• Like Like x 2
  8. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dropped from $40 to $25? That's how you get my money, right there.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Masktique

Masktique #1 Sideways Fan

News Credits:
    I was going to skip this, but $25? That is a great price...

• Like Like x 2
  10. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Selling oddities in a shack. In the woods.

My thoughts exactly.

It's too bad the front page is cluttered with garbage movie posts, cause I think this special price is waaaaaay more exciting! :D 

• Like Like x 3
  11. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Selling oddities in a shack. In the woods.

I'm of the same mind - I ordered DX9's Coneheads to check out the quality, and I'm thinking of getting IF's Red because of the cool Ghost SS build-a-figure! Cause seriously? It's amazing this is the first time a 3P has included parts to build another figure - it's definitely a good way to lock in buyers.

As for UT? I think they have a lot on their plate and are just alternating between MP and Legends. Seems like their Legends figures were a big hit, so I doubt they're done.

DX9 is now tackling Omega Supreme... and I'm a bit disappointed it's going to be 60 cm! :(  I was hoping for a Legends scaled Omega... but at 2 ft, I wonder if it's MP or CHUG. :confused:  I'm not sure what they're going for. It'd be nice if they threw in some figures into the display to give a proper sense of scale...

12. Chillyn

Chillyn Resist

Does preordering from tf source automatically take your money or when it's ready to ship out?

13. GiganGoji

GiganGoji Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I BELIEVE you're only charged when the items are in. Makes the "cancel your preorder at any time" pretty easy when they don't have to take/send your money back and forth.

• Like Like x 1
  14. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ [email protected]

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Looks nice.

Never though I'd get into legends UT pretty fun. More money out of my wallet.. Lol

15. Chillyn

Chillyn Resist

Done and done. :thumb  damn I wonder how many preorders they got just because of this thread. Like shooting fish in a barrel lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Master Made Apollo makes a great legends scale Omega Supreme, fyi.

17. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    They're doing Legends scale (War in Pocket / wip) too:
    Screenshot_20170531-221636~01.png

IF's Shockwave looks like a steal for $25. I'm just waiting on his exact height to see how he'll size up to my DX9 Cons. If he scales well then I'm definitely pulling the trigger.

• Like Like x 6
  18. Chillyn

Chillyn Resist

Screenshot_2017-05-31-19-22-36-1.png

19. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  20. zeroblue2099

News Credits:

Thanks for sharing that! I didn't expect that news in this thread. Very excited.

The price drop and color pictures have shot this guy towards the top of the want list. IF has done a good job convincing me to replace my Hastak guys.

• Like Like x 1