Iron Factory Bridgewatcher (Shockwave)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Onslaught24, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Grievlocke

Grievlocke 5mm Addict

I love you all. The fanart vs oc community has beaten this topic to death when fanart is stolen and used to produce cheap products. In that regard, they have only ever been able to agree to disagree, which I feel is the point that we have reached here.

As far as an IP goes, 3P are -essentially- producing fanart based on established characters. It's not -necesarilly- considered mass production because the runs never exceed 5k pieces. That aside, I feel that both sides can agree that the time and energy used to develop 3P items is essentially what is being stolen here. Even if you don't own the character, the time and effort used to develop the product is being stolen by another company, at least this is my takeaway from it all.

Is it wrong? That's something of a grey area because of what it is and where it's being done. Even artists who make a living producing fanart have a difficult time with vendors at conventions who produce their artwork on different items without consent.

Is it shitty? Yea, kind of. Taking someone's fanart, whether it's what they do for fun or for a living, and making a cheap buck off of it is kind of crappy. It's also a way to make money, so people will do it.

Regardless, Bridgewatcher looks excellent, and I'm excited to get him in hand and can't wait to bury this conversation with awesome pictures of him! Got a new camera in the mail so I'm stoked to try it out.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Astro Magnum

Astro Magnum Well-Known Member

But you haven't. @Ramberk Magnus asked a couple of valid questions responding to what you'd just written - and you sidestepped answering him, preferring instead to be mildly insulting. When I replied you sidestepped my post as well, claiming that you weren't interested in an 'ethical' debate (and given that this is whole discussion is about why the behaviours of one set of actors who use an IP they don't own are acceptable while those of another set aren't, you give the impression of not really understanding the meaning of the word 'ethical' - you can't take ethics out of this discussion, however much one might want to).

I haven't laughed so much at a paragraph on this forum in ages. You've forcefully stated your opinion, and when other people have pointed out the flaws in your position you've insulted them, accused them twisting the argument and then refused to engage with the points they've made while maintaing that they're the one whose conduct is in the wrong. Those are the exact debating tactics that my brother and I used to use with each other when we were about 8 years old. Good times.

I think you've made it pretty clear that (like the 8 year old me) you're not really interested in having a proper discussion - you know, where you engage with the other parties' arguments and respond thoughtfully to them - so I won't waste either of our time trying further.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  3. Astro Magnum

Astro Magnum Well-Known Member

That camera can't get here soon enough! :)  Looking forward to the pictures!

• Like Like x 1
  4. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
  5. daimchoc

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
  6. kingjakethe11th

kingjakethe11th Scourgeintor

7. FredVIII

FredVIII Well-Known Member

Thanks for getting this thread back on track, Daim! :thumb 

8. daimchoc

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    • Like Like x 3
  9. daimchoc

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    • Like Like x 3
  10. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Retro Active TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Last comment, so we can move on:
    A person remaining focused on a specific topic of conversation and not allowing you and your buddy to twist things is not "arguing like an eight-year-old". That person is actually employing logical argumentation properly. An inability to reason goes hand in hand with the inability to argue logically as well, so it makes sense that you're now resorting to trolling and claiming that by not allowing your tangential comments and disingenuous nonsense into the conversation, I'm avoiding a supposed legitimate response to my comments. Well, that's certainly one way to try to look like you've got something substantial to say when it's evident that you don't. Your continued attempts to be deceptive and insulting are noted. Glad to see we're done here. Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Krooked

Krooked Well-Known Member

loving that ball joint ankle tilt

12. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Level Six Laser Lotus

Wait, if the Transformission Menasor can hold this, how big is Iron Factory's Bruticus going to be? I was under the assumption that the IF Bruticus can wield this Shockwave.

13. Sirtank

Sirtank Well-Known Member

I've been holding out ordering this guy in the hopes of bbts lowering their price to $25, so I could just add him to my pol, but I broke down and put an order in from the chosen prime. $33 shipped is still way better than the usual $40. I really can't wait to get this guy. I was reorganizing my legends shelf last weekend and I already gave both combiner wars versions the boot.

14. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Retro Active TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Based on the background of this image, Shockwave is basically as large as the entire arm of IF's Bruticus and holding Shockwave requires a very open-grip grasp:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attachments/ceb62630gy1ffy39ashdbj20yg1arqee-jpg.27731754/
    So significantly smaller than TFM's Menasor. :) 

15. Gutts

Gutts Autobot

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Flickr:
    Can the hose be replugged from arm to the top of the gun tip in gun mode? There is a peg hole up there.

16. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    i am kinda hoping my Quakeblast can hold the gun, somehow, but doubt it.

17. Shanxs

Shanxs Well-Known Member

When is this guy released?

18. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Iron Factory War Giant (Bruticus)

19. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

This week or next probably.

20. Shanxs

Shanxs Well-Known Member