Iron America???

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Primal, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    Saw this over on Newsarama, thought you all might be interested in it... so far this is just rumour, however if it is true it could be a major spoiler so stop now if you don't want to ruin it for yourself.... (also as for the name, it's not mentioned anywhere, I'm just calling this character by that name)

last chance.....

NRAMA: Over the last week and a half, Brian Bendis has confirmed for Newsarama his New Avengers roster as of next month's issue #27. We asked him some of these same questions just this morning, but as New Avengers is now arguably your flagship franchise in the direct market the questions are appropriate for the Editor-in-Chief...

JQ: Sure, shoot away!

NRAMA: First of all, no Cap? How come? Where is he?

JQ: All will be revealed soon enough. To reveal that would unfortunately reveal our plans for a new book or two…

NRAMA: And on that note, popular theory hold Steve Rogers will be under the new Ronin suit. What are your thoughts on that theory?

JQ: You know what they say, clothes make the man, or woman, right? Ultimately I think all these theories are really sound and way off base, all simultaneously [laughs], but you know that I would never confirm one way or another what it is that we're doing with our characters and storylines at the end of Civil War. People are going to speculate no matter what and that's what makes it all fun and cool in the end.

NRAMA: Well then, you may need to address this for us. Over at Amazon, there's a listing for Iron Man: Steve Rogers?, a new collection of Iron Man coming in June. For spoiler's sake, we won't go into too much detail about the contents, but it appears that Tony Stark will be taking a role with S.H.I.E.L.D. ... first off - many people are suggesting this is misdirection or a teaser cover...is it real? Anything you can say about the description?

JQ: Sorry, Matt, I went to the link and there's nothing there. Can't help you with this one.

NRAMA: Okay, there was a listing – and it’s been seen all around, with a figure in a red, white and blue “Iron Man” suit. Publishing strategy-wise, how do things like this get out so early?

JQ: In all seriousness, this is the constant battle that we have to fight between promoting our books and keeping storylines as secretive as possible. Also, with so many different and growing avenues by which to solicit our product mistakes are bound to occur, especially as all these different avenues have different solicitation cycles.

It doesn't make me happy, but it's the cost of doing business on a larger scale.

[​IMG]

2. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

We ran across this... this morning. From that little interview, it sounds like it may actually show up somewhere. We saw it at ....

3. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    man...whatthehell? that will just piss me off so much...this whole civil war is just beginning to really bug me now....does anyone know is the current captain america comic coming to an end? and it just wouldnt make sense for cap to take over, maybe they found someway for it to make sense, but i cant see the connection...i guess we'll just have to wait and see...

4. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Rofl!

5. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seems weird that Iron Man needs a shield. Yeah, I know it's just to make him look more like Captain America but it's weird.

(Yeah knights in armor used to carry a shield back in the day but it's freaking Iron Man.)

6. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    Or Is It Captian America?!?!?!

7. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

If you check out silver bullets all the rage column they go into detail about the amazon listing and a possible massive spoiler for civil war but its all rumors so who's to say.

If it turns out to be true though...not sure how I'd feel about it

8. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

that actually looks awesome....as for Steve being Iron America or Tony being Iron America, that's lame.

9. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

Doesn't bother me, but others might be upset at the potentially spoilerific topic and thread without any warning.

10. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

LITG has stated that this is just a rumor. Gotta love those lying scumbags over at marvel.

11. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

12. OmegaScourge

could it be....could it be a What If?

What If Steve Rogers took over the Iron Man Mantel.
    or
    What If Tony Starks took over the Captain America Mantel.

or seeing that Winder Solider is supposedly taking the CA mantel, could Steve be taking the IM mantel....hmm...all these possibilities. Or like some say, it could be fake. But its nice to imagine. :D 

13. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    That's already happening in Bullet Points :p 

14. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    bullet points is a damn good series so far....i love the crazy what if factor...

15. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I have to try catching up on Bullet Points but I haven't heard anything good.

As for this, who the hell knows but Joe's comments seem to point that it's true and he's not happy.

16. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Spoilers are overrated. Is it Iron America or Captain Man? :p 

17. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

Iron chef?

18. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Darth Chef!

19. JD

JD Well-Known Member

It needs some red & white strips on the abdomen, blue shoulder pads and big ass white star on the chest

"America! F**k Yeah!"

20. OmegaScourge

no wait...Steve got injured bad and needed to use a armor suit....just like back in the day...lol