iPod Touch vs. Archos 605

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by ambushbug74, Sep 11, 2008.

1. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

I recently got a gift card to Circuit City and thought about getting the new Touch coming out. Apparently they won't be selling them till the 19th and I went by today to see if someone might have put one out early on accident so I could score it. While looking around I noticed the Archos 605 which would be 20 bucks more then the Touch but gives me 30G over the Touch's 8G capacity. I really don't need either as I have a serviceable Creative Zen, but like the idea of the wi-fi and another device to use for videos. What are people's thoughts on these? Thanks in advacne to anyone who actually reads my post.

2. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I know nothing of the Archos 605 but when I did a search for it I found this vid. Might be interesting but haven't watched it, the room I'm in right now I can't put my sound on.

YouTube - Review Archos 605 Wifi vs iPhone by generationmp3.com

*edit* Turns out there is nothing to hear. That’s disappointing, I was hoping for some sort of description.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  3. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, I saw that, really more of a comparison not a review. But thanks!

4. kronos

kronos PSN = KRONOSX1

News Credits:
    I can only speak on my experience with the touch. I have a 1st gen thats jailbroke. I love it. I like having the ability to watch movies, surf the web, and listen to music. I have a 8gig model and find it MORE than adequate. I personally dont see the need to have a whole lot of space when I listen to only about 30 songs in a day. I just switch it up at nite. I like the app store thats on the touch. with all the free aps (some are terrable and some are awsome) it just seems worth it. And if you Jailbreak it a whole new world of goodies open to you. Their are 2 diffrent install packages avaliable for the touch, Cudia and Installer. They both offer some good stuff. And you have the ability to customize the look of a jailbroken Touch. I plan on everntually upgrading to the newer model, but its currently unable to be jailbroken due to a diffrent hardware setup. So if you pick a Touch, check out ebay or craigslist for a refurb or used one. I know you have a giftcard to circuit city, but maybe you can trade or sell it for one to someone. But like I said, I love the touch!