ipod touch problem

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Cloud Strife, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife 01000011 01000101 0101010

i have a 2nd gen ipod touch. my problem is when i connect it to my wife's laptop. when i connect it to try to sync if it's on the lock screen it flashes between the slide and lock screen. if i unlock it while plugged in, the icon in the top right, battery indicator, constantly switches between being plugged in and not. but when i plug it into my laptop it doesn't do this, what is wrong? how can i fix it. i can't sync anything off her laptop because it won't connect

2. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Have you tried a power cycle on it?

3. ---The RAt

---The RAt Well-Known Member

are you using the same cable between machines?
    I had an off brand car charger I was using for my iphone that did the same thing
    If you so much as breathed on it the cable would lose its connection to the iphone and do more or less what your describing. While my house plug (with official apple USB cable)worked fine
    Also look at the port on you ipod where you plug in to the computer. I had a lot of pocket lint get built-up in there and had to clean it out with a glasses screwdriver, after that the charger worked like a charm.

I don't know personally unless you jail broke it, and you think its just the software acting up. I'd be inclined to simply hit restore(and not restore from a backup) in itunes, and see if that fixes it. You'll need to re-sych all of your stuff but that is better the buying a new ipod right?

4. Cloud Strife

i have done a power cycle several times. when i do it works for like maybe 20 seconds then goes back to constanly connecting and disconnecting.

i am using the same cable between machines. i checked the cable for dust and dirt, nothing. i have thought about jailbraking it but i just haven't done it yet. any other ideas? i guess if all else fails i could just sync it on my laptop but i wanna fix it on hers if i can.

5. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    I'm not sure what is being meant with a power cycle, if you're turning it off and on that doesn't usually helpful much but resetting might. Press Home and Power until Apple logo appears. If that fails force recovery mode and restore.

Also, try updating the usb drivers for the Apple mobile device. What OS is on your girlfriend's computer. A lot of touches won't respond properly is they're on XP SP2 or Viista SP1 so it might need an update.

6. Cloud Strife

Windows 7 is the operating system, and before i put that on there, she had Windows Vista and it did the same thing then too.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2010