Ipod touch/Ipone/Ipad Thread (All things IOS!)

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Kuma Style, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Kuma Style

Kuma Style On Military Leave TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    So, I got my Ipoud touch a few days ago, and absolutely love it. I know I'm way late to the game, but I've always been an Android user (most recently, my Evo 3-D, and before that, the EVO).

When I first got it, I was pretty MEH to it. Pretty plain, black background... just, not much cool to it. Still a functionable MP3 player, with a beautiful screen/resolution (The retina display is the best I've ever seen on any portable device.. simply amazing), but just kinda' meh.

But then... I jailbroke it... and omg... the increased functionality and options just put it over for me. Here's where I'm at now:

[​IMG]

I did it, to match my Android/PS3 themes that I make (Found HERE if anyone wants to download them.

So WIIIIITH that, what are some recommended games/apps? Right now, I've got my core apps, and then things liek AiM messenger, and Street Fighter IV, but, I want to really dig into this thing, so any help would be appreciated.

2. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Freindly advice: Just mentioning the J-term around here is taboo. I once said that a game was so bad it's not even worth J'ing (i.e. it's not worth the 2 minutes of your life downloading, even if it was free), and people still got fired up about it.

My iPod Touch is only 3rd Gen, but even on just free apps from the App Store i'm already happy with it. I've played many Lite versions of games and never really felt the need to upgrade any of them. I guess by the time i'm done with one Lite version, before i can upgrade, another Lite game comes out and i'm hooked on the new one, so the old one just gets ignored. Hell, some i just plain delete if i'm done with them. Same on the iPad.

3. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    People are going to do what they're going to do, however I didn't say anything about cracked games, and I was explicit in the fact that I cracked it for the options like theming. At this point, I have no idea of HOW to even put a cracked or broken game on this, and really don't have any need for it, bc everything on the app store is cheap.

But anyways, would you mind saying some of the games that you've downloaded? That's pretty much what I made the thread for: App suggestions.

4. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Recommended games

Infinity Blade
    Rage
    Aralon
    DEAD SPACE(if your a fan get it)
    Street Fighter
    King of Fighters(better game play than street fighter)
    Nova if your a halo fan
    Zeonia
    Seven Swords
    Archetype
    Giana Sisters
    Order and Chaos
    Modern Combat 2
    Zombie Infection
    Call of Duty Zombies

other
    netflix
    tv.com
    tvuplayer
    crackle
    skyfire browser
    cloud browse
    intonow

5. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Thanks! I had no idea this beast can do netflix! WOW!

And this is something I should've said before, so my bad, but if we could say what KINDS of games or apps they are, then that'd be awesome!

6. Treadshot A1

My games are all free games, which include:

Jet Car Stunts Lite (racing, sorta like navigating an obstacle course with a. Rocket car, great physics engine, one of the few games where the turbo/nitro actually boosts you in the direction the car's facing, and not just down the track)

Gravity Guy (free) (adventure/puzzle game, the character auto runs, and you flip gravity up and down to get across gaps and over walls, the free version has limited levels, but still fun)

Drift Mania Lite (Drift Racing, good implementation of the slide throttle)

RobotNGun HD (3rd person Shooter, really good graphics, nice customisable weapons and a challenging game. Has bosses which you aren't told how to damage, may get frustrating)

Angry Birds (Free/Rio/Seasons/whatever else they've made) (Given there are so many variations now, even with just the free version of all the apps, you'll have enough to keep you busy, and if you don't know why you need this app...well, it won't take you long to find out)

Ridge Racer Accelerated (If you like Ridge Racer as a franchise, or just unrealistic, crazy, break-the-laws-of-physics racing games, this one is for you. Graphics are great, motion control is great (though I find I need to max out sensitivity to manage some of the sharper turns). May drain your battery, though.

Veggie Samurai (Anyone that tells you Fruit Ninja is any better is a liar. Veggie Samurai is a great game for mindless destruction of everything kids don't want to eat, and there are enough things to learn (from 5x slices to MegaVeggies) to keep it entertaining.)

PushCars (Puzzle, really good game, very cute graphics without becoming childish, and the levels can be quite difficult sometimes. Unless you're very familiar with puzzle games like RushHour, this should keep you busy for a while.)

7. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Nice stuff Treadshot! I'm downloading that ridge Racer as we speak on ITunes.

8. Treadshot A1

Just one thing: they nerfed the free Ridge Racer. Only the Time Trial Game Center mode is available, with one car, and one track. Really, get the full game or don't get it at all. The free version is just a cruel bait-and-switch, IMO. I suppose if you just want to test the game, it's okay, but that's about it.

9. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Yea, I don't do trials for games like that. I just went ahead and got the whole thing. I figured I might as well jsut dload it once rather than liking it and dloading it again, lol.

And thanks again for all those game suggestions.