Ipod touch help.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Ace Convoy, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well last night when me and my sister came back from a movie......My sister went to the Bathroom and quoting from my sister "I was getting ready to use the bathroom and My Touch fell out of my back pocket and it fell into the toilet"

there does not appear to be any water damage.......................We are currently relieve the Touch of duty (it's in a bowl of rice)for a week........................................................................................Will it live?

2. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    Probably not. There's two liquid submersion indicators. One in the dock connect and the other in the headphone port. Or maybe there's only the one with the Touch now... well, just to make sure, shine a light down headphone port and if you see red or pink it's bad news.

3. Ace Convoy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I saw pink......................................................................But is there a chance it will turn back on????

4. Chrono Grimlock

News Credits:
    More than likely no. The rice trick though, that's your best bet.

5. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Yeah just keep it in the rice for a long time, to make sure it gets enough time to dry up...then turn it on I guess.

Not sure what the amount of time to wait is though..2 weeks to be safe? :p 

What's this? Some kind of pregnancy-test color code so Apple can have ANOTHER reason not to accept your broken iPod?

Don't get me wrong, I've got a Touch myself, and had a classic before that, but customer service for Apple devices is horrible. 9 out of 10 times they will just tell you to buy a new one and live with the fact that their devices are expensive and fragile as hell..:p 

6. Chrono Grimlock

News Credits:
    Right. I respectfully disagree. 9 times out or 10 we use your serial number to check your warranty status then give you your options.

And liquid damage is almost full retail cost to replace because the unit is actually classified "beyond economical repair" and cost more to fix than replace at that point.

7. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Maybe it's different over here than it is over there, but over here it's impossible to get a cracked screen replaced and they tell you to just shelf another 300 dollar.
    Checking your warranty status over here means one of two things:
    1. Oh, you're out of warranty. Tough luck!
    2. Oh, you're still in warranty, but that damage is your own fault. Tough luck!

I am not even talking about free repairs..I can totally understand if somebody would drop his iPod or his mac screen, and it gets damaged, that's your own fault..but the shitty thing to me seems they are outright denying repairs. It seems you can have a broken iPod screen fixed by third parties for about 80 euros, but Apple just tells you to buy a new one.

The only positive thing I have experienced is them replacing my brother's earphones that stopped working within warranty, so they gave him new ones free of charge. But for the devices that actually matter (the big expensive ones), it seems to me they're way too fast with just telling you to buy a new one. Mind you, like I said before, maybe this is totally different over there than it is here. Support seems to vary alot between countries

I am not arguing about liquid damage though, if it stops working after you took it for a swim, or toasted it in your oven..that's some crazy damage, and you should take better care of it. :) 

And if the support really is better where you work, then kudos to your department, and I hope that standard will eventually be applied worldwide.

8. Chrono Grimlock

News Credits:
    Err. I'm not gonna speak for everyone but because I've done UK support you'd be given a list of options. We can replace for an Out of Warranty fee, tell you to bring it third party places but that would void the remainder of the warranty or you can look into seeing if you have home owner's or credit card insurance to cover the devices.

That's weird because before I took a management role I did support for US, Canada and UK and the only real differences were the prices. Sucks you've had some shitty experiences though. You should call and complain.

9. Ace Convoy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1.what I read was to let it sit for three days but our mom said to let it sit for a week.

2.you know..that's what i said

3. I'm just surprised that she was dropping it all over the place and the only thing that put it in a Coma was toilet water.

10. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    Give it CPR.

11. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

My friend put his iPhone through the washer, dried it out and it turned on. However there was a little moisture trapped under the screen which prevented it from working in that aread. There are plenty of online tutorials that will show you how to repair it yourself for minimal cost. You may also need to replace the battery.

12. Ace Convoy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The conclusion to Ipod touch help

if any of you remember this post
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/video-games-technology/248665-ipod-touch-help.html?

we turned it on today and after half an hour of flickering on and off........................It rebooted and a familiar Wallpaper showed up so my sister is happy again...

yet when it turned on these wierd scratches showed up apparently on the LCD screen..so whenever you turn it on and you look closely at the screen..it looks like it fell on the sidewalk exposed and scratched up.