Ipod Touch, Gtalk. Fring.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by ShortCircuit, Dec 10, 2008.

1. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

So, I got a Ipod Touch.

The first thing I did was get the phone working.

So I registered at the SIP sites and got it working. Then I went to IPKALL and got an inbound number.

However, the number is not local, IPkall gives out washington numbers.

I got it to work in and out, but, not local number.

So I go to gtalk2voip. I get a local number and it works both ways but it takes 4 rings to hit my Ipod, and no caller ID, and voicemal is really quirky.

Do any pro's on here by any chance know how I could set it up to make the call forward to my Ipod right away?

I got Fring, and truphone. truphone seems to suck balls. and fring is nice, but i hope they release talkonaut for ipod or something cause I cant find a google talk app for ipod yet.

does anyone know what gtalk2voip.com SIP Proxy may be? Ive tried everything and goog'd my eyes out.

Thanks.

2. silentdarth

silentdarth Josie's Daddy

Ebay:
    I have an iPod Touch 2g and I don't understand much of what you just said, but what I did understand makes me want to do it too. Can you dumb it down for me?

3. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    I don't know exactly, but Macrumors has an iPod Touch hacks section that may be more helpful.