iPhone question

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by jorod74, Oct 9, 2010.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    AT&T is taking over the Alltel in my area and i am having to get a new phone. I have already picked out the iPhone 3GS *16GB* and am reading up on it.

i do have one question. my first cell phone was a Motorola v710 and it was the easiet thing in the world to assign ringtones. As in I went through my video/DVD collection and recorded sound bytes, saved them in as MP3 files and then plopped them into my phone's folder.

my current phone, LG Touch, wasn't that easy (never did get my customs to work) despite the manual telling me those files were supported.

so, do i have to buy ringtones from Itunes or can i use my clip files in my iPhone to make it easier for me to recognize calls?

or are there other options?

(if it is truly a smart phone, why can't it understand what i want it to do? lol.)

thanks

2. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

There are Apps. you can buy that allow you to make your own ring tones at will with their preloaded sounds or your own music and or recordings.

3. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    works for me.

4. ---The RAt

---The RAt Well-Known Member

app for that *smirk*
    thats amateur check out this link
    FYI If your on windows the only difference i know of is the way you rename the file extension