iPhone/iPad/iPod Owners Rejoice iOS 4.2 Out Today

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by soundwaveCA, Nov 22, 2010.

1. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    After a few false starts and delays due to some minor bugs iOS 4.2 is finally ready for release.

Apple - iOS 4.2 Software Update

Pretty cool stuff, looks like AirPrint which was rumored to have been taken out of the new update is still there. Also included is the "Find my Phone" feature which was previously part of MobileMe.

Most exciting thing is I finally get multitasking for my iPad :D 

Despite the website update it's suppose to go live starting at 1pm EST.

2. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I hope to hell it fixes the crazy amount of crashes my iPod has been experiencing since upgrading to 4.1. Never had the problem with the 3.X series of IOS.

3. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I have one problem with that Find my Phone app. I'm sure it can be useful, but here's my question.
    Doesn't the lost phone have to be turned on in order to be found? And if so, if you've lost it somewhere turned on, by the time your device starts finding it, the phones battery would've gone dead. Thus, how can the system find the phone?

4. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    It's suppose too along with the iPhone 3's, if it does not that's going to be a huge problem as Apple really dropped the ball on the last few iOS updates which really hindered the older iPhone's & iPods with a wide range of issues which left a lot of people understandably pissed.

5. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

i was pissed as i (rather stupidly) use my iphone as an alarm. that daylight savings bug almost got me into trouble, then it woke me up an hour too early.