iPhone 4 users

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Poho, Feb 25, 2011.

?

iPhone 4

1. Yea.

39 vote(s)
    92.9%
  2. Nay.

3 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    My iPod touch has broken. I was thinking of getting an iPhone anyway because i want more space, and also my current cell phone is a pain in the ass. I was going to wait until my contract was up in September, but i'd rather take care of everything now.

Do you like your iPhone 4? should i get one?

2. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    I don't have one, but it depends on your location, and which carrier. AT&T has the edge in their (sparse) 4G coverage areas, because theirs can multi-task internect connectivity while making a phone call. Verizon has better 4G coverage, but you can't multi-task your connection... and plans, from what I've seen, are comparable.

That being said, I went with a DROID2, and haven't looked back, and I was DROOLING for an iPhone...

3. Poho

News Credits:
    remeber that i need to replace an ipod either way

4. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    get it, its more then a ipod or phone.

5. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have one and I like it.

6. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was in the same situation in november.

My 2nd gen (I think) ipod touch was finally starting to show its age and had reached the end of its ability to update to the new ios4. It still worked great, but some of the later apps would be buggy at times.

I had a blackberry pearl, which also worked alright, but I really didn't care for it, so I decided to go with the iPhone 4.

Honestly, I'm really glad I made that decision. Everything I had on the ipod touch transfered to the iphone 4 (apps wise, though I believe music transfers as well. It didn't affect me that way though because most everything I had on my touch was already on my pc to transfer), and the gains in battery life, processor power, and connectivity were pretty great. It blows away my blackberry for phone quality as well, and it's really intuitive to use if you've already used an ipod touch

I've heard a lot of people say how great droid is as well, but in all honesty, after taking lots of opportunities to play around with the droid interface on a bunch of store demos for phones and tablets, it really feels like a clunky rip off of the ios to me. That's just my opinion, so it's not to start a flame war or anything, but that's just the way that I find it. The two are similar, and I know that everyone seems to love flash (though I personally hate it), but as much as I love the idea of os competition, I just don't find it to be able to outdo apple just yet.

7. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wouldn't jump to the Iphone 4 just because the 5 is coming out SOON:bowdown: . Hopefully you can wait that long, we should know something in a couple weeks

8. NSJ23

NSJ23 Binalternator Lover

This, if you need one now get the 4. if you can wait get the 5.

I went from 3G to 4. never had a 3GS

9. Poho

News Credits:
    i don't really want to wait, because i currently have no ipod. but i can imagine when the 5 comes out the 4 will get cheaper.

10. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Last I heard the iPhone 5 won't be out until fall, so that's a long time to wait

11. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Worth every penny.

12. gil

gil Godmaster

Your 4G coverage statements don't matter. Iphone4 can't do 4G. I got an iphone4. I like it. But I was grandfathered in with free unlimited data. Don't know if I want it bad enough to pay what AT&T wants now, but I'm more than happy with what I got.

13. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Apple release date rumors: iPhone 5, iPad 2 delay? - Computerworld Blogs

Who knows what will happen since Apple is so secretive when it comes to release dates. We won't know until the actual event but if you can hold out a few months (or weeks?:crazy: ), you'll get the better phone.

My contract is up with Sprint in April and my phone is terrible but i'm going to wait it out for the 5. The 4 is a badass phone, my girlfriend has one and she loves it but.... the 5 should be awesome:drool: 

14. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Love it and wont go back.

15. Poho

News Credits:
    sounds good. I will go pick one up tomorrow. where i live, the network i will be getting it on has an excellent network, and also i will be paying the same amount i'm paying now to be using the iphone on a hearty data plan w/unlimited text, and unlimited calling to any 5 numbers in the country.

16. shifty02

shifty02 Greetings Programs

I have an iPhone 4 and I think it's great. I've had and/or used every version of the phone so far and the 4 is the best. I've also never had dropped calls or coverage problems, unless I was on the road in the middle of nowhere.

17. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:

You're in the great land of Canadiana right?

My personal advice is go with Rogers if you can instead of Telus. My sister and her husband have iphones (3GS) on telus and their service is absolute crap. I'm on Rogers (and have been since I switched from my first phone (a fido pay as you go)), and I've yet to have any real issues with dropped calls, delayed text messages, etc... I've used rogers in both Calgary and Saskatoon for local and long distance without every having problems.

The same issues that my sister has had with dropping calls, delayed texts, and really poor call quality have been experienced by my uncle as well, who uses a motorola razor (personal) and a blackberry (work) which are both on telus.

18. bariprime

bariprime Elite Guard Commander

News Credits:
    I bought an Iphone 4 a month ago and I am pretty ok with it. Only pain was Itunes but I figured it out. Also FYI, some applications will close itselves while you are doing something with them.(Or maybe I am just having this problem). Anyways, buy it.

19. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

The iPhone is godly. You will wonder how you lived your life without it soon after purchase.

20. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I dumped my BB Storm after the last round of freezing and battery pulls. I've never been happier since switching to the iphone. Granted, I don't use the ipod functions, but I would say it is worth it.