iPhaser Pocket and my new company

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bigb0t, May 7, 2009.

1. Bigb0t

Bigb0t Member

Hi guys!

I've been a lurker around here for years...I recently started my own company with my brother and have just recently released my first app on the iPhone/ipodtouch app store.

if anyone is interested in checking it out here is a link:
    iPhaser Pocket - $.99

[​IMG]

Any reviews are appreciated. Feedback would be great!

2. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

WTF does it do?

3. Bigb0t

Bigb0t Member

Currently it's a Sci-Fi weapon simulator...it has 3 blast types and can be used as rapid fire or as a single blast if you turn on motion fire in the info section. To use Motion fire you simply hold your iphone and flick your wrist.

We are brainstorming ideas to add some mini games into it in the future.

4. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

So THAT'S why I don't have an iphone. :D 

5. Cujo

Cujo United States Air Force

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    this.

6. Bigb0t

Bigb0t Member

You would be amazed at the things you would buy on the app store if you did. My brother said the same thing when I was showing him all the apps I bought...then his work got him an iPhone and now he buys all these "micro apps" that give you a bit of fun for the price of a pack of gum.

7. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll buy an iPhone when they make one that's really big, has a receiver connected by a coily cord, and doesn't do anything but make and receive phone calls. And even then I probably wont use it.

8. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    holy useless crap batman!

9. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

I decided never to get the iphone when my friend started slashing me with his iPhone light saber, and zapping me with his iPhone tazer, and shooting me with his iPhone shotgun...

uugh!

10. Optimus Sledge

I'd rather have the packet of gum. What I want from my phone is the ability to make and recieve phone calls and text messages. Anything else is just draining the battery. I'd feel a right prat if I had to walk home from a train station 'cos I couldn't call a taxi or someone for a lift after draining my battery making phaser noises all day.

I saw an advert last night for the single worst one of these sort of things. For three pounds, you could replace your phone's wallpaper with a fuel gauge indicating how much charge your battery had left. £3 to perform a function every mobile phone has built in. Bloody hell, I wish I'd thought up this kind of crap. Idiots seem to be queueing up to part with their money these days.

11. Bigb0t

Bigb0t Member

It's just another form of fan-service.

It's something that I worked very hard on and I just wanted to share it. I understand that it's not everyones cup of tea...but collecting toys isn't everyones cup of tea either. It just so happens that I enjoy things like collecting toys, iPhone apps, remote control helis...things that some would call geeky stuff.

I figured there might be some like minded people here who would be interested in checking out my work and giving some feedback. I didn't really expect people to be so negative.

12. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

So much negativity. He's just trying to show that he made something that some people might use. You guys don't have to be douches about it

13. Optimus Sledge

As a general rule, someone who makes their first post an advert doesn't seem to do as well as someone who's been posting for a while and then says "Oh, in case anyone's interested, I also sell stuffed dog's heads/am available for children's parties/will kill for money."

As for this specific thing... as Roy Walker would put it, I'm saying what I see. But we're a discussion forum. If you post anything, you have to expect that people will discuss it. Kudos to the OP for doing something more constructive than I do (why won't someone pay me to be snarky on the internet?) I hope he makes money. It's just I think he'll be making money off muppets.

14. Bigb0t

Bigb0t Member

First off...if you look at my join date its 2004. I rallied with the rest of the guys on Don Murrphy's boards to get Cullen as the voice of optimus in the first movie. I have been around longer then that just not as a member.

It was not my "first post" I had posted before. It's not an advertisement, it's more of a "look what I did, maybe some of you guys might be interested because we most likely have similar interests."

I have posted about it on three forums where it might be of interest. All sites that I regular multiple times a day as a lurker with an occasional post. I have gotten nothing but nice people posting in the other two places, so why so much hate in here? If you designed and programed something that was of interest to me I wouldn't mind you posting about it and I would pick it up if it was something that was down my alley. I sure won't ridicule you for it though.

15. Bigb0t

Bigb0t Member

Thank you...sometimes it's hard on forums to stand all by yourself. I appreciate you backing me up!

16. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

Ooo, it looks interesting... but I don't have an iPhone, sorry. Dx

There's an iPhone tazer?!

17. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    To be fair, this thread was your first post here in two years and it was for the purpose of selling something. You had a whopping total of two posts way back then before starting this thread that you have abundantly posted in six times. Bumping for sales, maybe?

You should be able to understand some of the negativity.

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  18. Bigb0t

Bigb0t Member

I do understand...but that is part of why I don't post. I don't have much to say and I hate getting into arguments with people. I keep my comments to myself the majority of the time. While others see the internet as a means of speaking their mind on anything and everything, I don't.

I created something that I personally wanted and thought I would share it. If I knew sharing it here was going to breed negativity towards myself I wouldn't have done it.

19. Dark Ramjet

Dark Ramjet Waiting patiently

News Credits:
    You may have fared better in the Junkion since basically this thread is an advertisement after all. Putting it in GD makes it susceptible to general comments. :D 

20. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

I am :lol  'ing pretty hard at a bunch of people who collect and covet childrens toys mocking the creator and purchasers of an electronic toy.

You guys need some fucking perspective. Like real bad. Get over yourselves.

"My useless shit looks down its nose at your useless shit!"