Ipad Users Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Tigertrack, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Does Safari crash on you? Ive discovered the app Perfect Browser. Not one issue so far with this new browser.

What about you?

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I get crashes from time to time, but it doesn't happen too often.

3. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Mine has been crashing fairly regularly since I updated to iOS 5. I would occasionally get a force close on Safari before updating, but now it happens a fair amount and completely randomly.

4. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Agreed with above. Crashes repeatedly, about once a day, ever since iOS 5. Don't worry, Apple's software is always riddled with bugs whenever the first of an iOS goes out. Same thing happened with the first release of iOS 4, things crashed, etc. soon as they get 5.1.x out it should be better. At least, that's what I'm hoping for, given their track record and what happened on my device. I've been known to throw my iPad across the floor when that happens, though I'm not sure if that's because Safari crashes or because I just hate this iPad altogether. Either way, the protective case definitely does its job very well, I'm typing on the iPad for this post. Good to know my unofficial 3rd party protective case works.

For the record, a lot of apps won't even load on iOS 5. I spent months trying to get Adobe Ideas to update since I'd downloaded it from the HK store, and only just got it to work, before upgrading to iOS 5 a week later. Then it won't even load. Along with Veggie Samurai.

*goes to find Perfect Browser*

5. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    I feel quite lucky now, everything has been running swimmingly on my end. I do most of my browsing on it these days (including this), and my main problem is my shoddy wifi router, that works fine until you run the internet through it. My connection's far more likely to hang than any problems on the device....

I've been meaning to replace my router, come to think of it. (Any brits reading, never go with BT if you plan on using any wireless devices.)

6. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Perfect Bowser also crashed this morning. So its not limited to Safari. Had not have the device long enogh with older operating system to compare the two OS. But Dad has older Ipad with older system I am going to try with.