ipad security breach.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Ace Convoy, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  2. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    It amazes me how the mainstream media glamored over smallest features of the new iPhone recently, but this security breach has received very little attention.

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly, as much as I will be buying it, I'm doing it for updated hardware. The only feature I am looking forward to is an 720 video camera and editing system in my phone, and Netflix (which will be available in older phones as well).

Apple is still the king of PR, and that's not a good thing. Basically, they can take their own hairy ass and make it look like Megan Fox's face.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
  4. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    While I agree with you about Apple and PR, I didn't mean to sound I was slamming the new phone.
    It's a great device.

It's just funny that there is this pretty major security breach going on, but the mainstream media is more focused on the new phone while the breach has nary a mention.

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hah, you don't have to put on kid gloves with me and Apple. I was laughing at Steve Job's frustration with the WiFi issue :lol 

I love the Iphone because regardless of what came after it, or how much better some folks say Android is, in 2008, the things I could access and do while not at home, doubled.

Apple... remains one of the most egotistical finger-pointing companies I have ever been a sucker for.

6. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I have "0" interest in the Ipad. While it's a cool overgrown Itouch, it just has too small of a hard-drive, no USB connections, and just won't cut it for me.
    My next Mac-purchase will eventually be 500GB MacBook Pro .

7. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Ken

News Credits:
    Granted this was more AT&T's fault, but if this had been a Windows Mobile leak (or any other Microsoft related product), it would be all over the news.

8. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    This is basically a lesson about how early adoption of new technology is foolhardy. In a similar vein of 'look before you leap', people will ignore this sage advice in order to be the first guy in town to own whatever's new and hot.

This list just shows that even these high flyers and VIPs can be duped into the next 'big thing'. Which is kinda sad actually.

The fact that Apple has such control over their devices after purchase is why I have never and will never buy Apple. Seriously, why?

9. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

:/

recently apple's products have been pretty crappy imo - but personally, and for a lot of people who work in a similar job to mine, they're the best computers and operating system.

screw their keyboards/mice/monitors, the actual computers are brilliant for graphic designers. that's why.

other than that, the whole mac v pc thing is bollocks. buy whatever suits your needs best.

10. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I know their PC range is meant to be great, but my beef is with the Ipod/Iphone/Ilifestyle range.

It just irks me that with an Ipod/phone I can't easily simply plug it into a PC and treat it as a flash drive. Even playing video on a TV is a pain, you have to buy those Apple cables which cost a fortune, just for those crappy AV cables.

11. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

you can use 'classics' as external storage easily - but you're right about the touch ipods and phone. I've personally never seen the lure of plugging my ipod into a tv. speakers, yes, but a tv :/ i can just use my laptop or console!