Iowa Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Doctor Doom, Aug 14, 2003.

1. chapsy

chapsy Well-Known Member

dunno if anyone's already helped you on this matter, but I'll try anyways. :) 
    Be careful with that method of lookup as it's not reliable. Target uses a generic DCPI number for all of their animated voyagers.(and pretty much TF's in general, by class anyways.) Look them up sometime on target.com, they'll have the same exact number.
    I ran into this problem when I saw a bunch of stores had Starscream, whom I was desperately looking for as he was the last one I need to complete my collection. they said they had him, was the last one and would hold him for me, went to pick him up, and they had BLITZWING.(whom I already had ;_; )
    In any case, it'd be a lot quicker and less frustrating to ask if they have Wreck-gar himself.
    hope that helps :) 

2. jeff0514

jeff0514 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I believe he's already found a Wreckgar according to a post of his on the Minnesota board. Has anyone found a Universe Inferno yet in Iowa? I haven't seen a single one, but looks like they are out in Minnesota and Illinois.

3. chapsy

chapsy Well-Known Member

I saw one in iowa city at the target there a couple weeks ago.
    usually my hotspots to check are the altoona wal mart and the ankeny target.
    west side kmart is good too cause hardly anyone goes there.
    I was really lucky and found a prowl, jazz, and snarl from Animated there a few weeks ago.
    whereabouts in iowa are you jeff?

4. jeff0514

Ebay:
    Sorry for the late response. The Iowa board is so dead, I rarely even check it. I live in Ankeny. I still have yet to see any of the new Universe voyagers (Inferno, Leo Prime or Overload). Haven't seen any of the new legends wave either. Checked both the Ankeny Target and Wal-mart today to find nothing.

5. jeff0514

Ebay:
    Finally... found and bought a single Universe Classic Inferno at the Altoona Wal-Mart. One Overload is there as well.

6. chapsy

chapsy Well-Known Member

anybody spotted animated waspinator or universe galvatron anywhere? trying to get thse guys at the moment.

7. jeff0514

Ebay:
    I haven't seen Waspinator, but I haven't looked for a few days either. Haven't been looking for Galvatron, since I already have. Will keep a lookout now.

8. chapsy

chapsy Well-Known Member

just got my waspinator at the south side walmart on SE 14th st in des moines. I imagine he'd be available elsewhere now too.

9. jeff0514

Ebay:
    Cool. Is he worth it? I may have to look tomorrow morning.

10. jeff0514

Ebay:
    Found a single Animated Waspinator this morning at the Ankeny Wal-mart.

11. chapsy

chapsy Well-Known Member

good find! how do you like him? I think the transformation is simplistic, but he's fun to pose and oozes personality.

I have yet to see samurai prowl though. might check out TRU or Target tomorrow.

12. jeff0514

Ebay:
    He's not bad. I just got back into transformers following the 2007 movie. I never watched beast wars when it originally aired, but have just started renting the DVDs to catch up on it. I like his robot mode the most. I did not see a samarai prowl either.. just the lone waspinator. I thought they were in the same wave. I wasn't planning on getting samarai prowl, but started thinking, if the animated line is coming to an end, maybe i should complete my deluxe and voyager sets. I have all the animated figures voyager and deluxe figures, except the bumblebee repaint, samarai prowl, atomic lugnut, and skywarp i believe. Haven't seen a skywarp since probably around Christmas when I passed him up.

13. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I'm seeing the latest wave of Animated deluxes popping up at Wal-Marts. The one in Waterloo had two Samurai Prowls and the one in Hiawatha had a Prowl and a Waspinator (the Waspinator is gone now).

Hiawatha Wal-Mart also has a couple Infernos - still the only place I've ever seen it.

14. jeff0514

Ebay:
    Anyone seen the new target exclusive animated packs yet (Sunstorm and Shockwave)? I've checked three stores around Des Moines and haven't found any yet.

15. awakion

awakion Office Drone

Animated Sightings

If anyone cares, I spotted an entire endcap packed with the TFA Voyager Sunstorm/Activators Ratchet and Voyager Shockwave/Activators Bumblebee combo packs at the new Target at Manawa in Council Bluffs, IA. They also had a few Leader Bulkhead and a Leader Ultra Magnus, as well as Deluxe Prowl, Sentinel Prime and Swoop.

16. jeff0514

Ebay:
    I saw those in Council Bluffs as well. My wife, son, and I were over to Omaha to the zoo yesterday.

17. jeff0514

Ebay:
    Found the Animated Shockwave and Sunstorm packs at Target on Mills Civic Parkway in West Des Moines. Picked up one of the Sunstorms. None had very good paint jobs, but first place I've seen them in the Des Moines area. Still have yet to see Universe Ratchet or Hot Shot. Anyone find those yet?

18. jeff0514

Ebay:
    If anyone is interested in a Classic Dinobot for cheap, I found one at the Ankeny Target on clearance for $2.98. I stashed him behind some toys on one of the back end caps in the toy section. I would have bought him, but already have one. Decided I didn't really need another.

19. jeff0514

Ebay:
    Found and bought single scout class ROTF depthcharge at SE 14TH st Des Moines Walmart. Since it wouldn't come up to sell the employee sold it to me for a random price of $4.00.

20. jeff0514

Ebay:
    Looks like I'm the only one who posts here, but anyway... I forgot to mention I also saw the ROTF robot replica figures at the Ankeny Wal-Mart. I didn't buy any of them. I believe they had optimus prime, megatron, ratchet, and ironhide, if i remember right. Is that the first wave of those?