iOS 6 - The World's Most Advanced Mobile Operating System

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Starscream600, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    that Do Not Disturb feature sounds fantastic... I know i hate when i put my phone on my night stand, and 5 minutes after closing my eyes i get a text and it goes off... i think i may go ahead an update. i honestly don't use the maps at all, and downloading a separate YouTube app doesn't seem bad, though you'd think it would let people know to download it after upgrading, just in case.

2. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

from what i've read, some people liked Google's transportation and bike feature. Apple's one doesnt have it.

3. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

and for those that want Google Maps back. i read that if you go to the mobile Google Maps website, you can attach a quick link to your homepage. not an app but at least you dont have to use Safari then go to the webpage.

4. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I updated my 3GS to iOS6 recently and now there is a glitch where my phone keeps asking for my itunes password every couple minutes. So F'n annoying.

5. Subotnik

Subotnik Please Stand By.

When I used Apple Maps to search for the nearest bus station it told me it was in Kiryat-Ono, Israel, not 5 blocks uptown where I thought it was. Ten thousand miles of walking and swimming just to get to the bus station seems a bit excessive, maybe I'll take a taxi instead.

I've had all sorts of strange, minor glitches since updating my ipad to IOS 6 and the overall performance has dropped off noticeably, especially in Safari and battery life. All the annoyances are adding up and the new maps are an absolute joke, so I'll probably rollback to IOS 5 at some point if they don't fix the problems.

6. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    *sighs* I read threads like this and scratch my head. I find myself fortunate not to be stuck with my old iPhone anymore. The only reason they dropped Google's apps is because Jobs wanted to destroy them over Android. So... His dying wish, filled by rage, was to screw his own customers one last time. Fantastic.

I dont deny that it's visually impressive.
    I don't deny that it's very easy to use.
    I don't deny that the Retina Display is nice.

7. Starscream600

Starscream600 Certified Virtual Pilot

Here's a video on how to downgrade from iOS 6 to iOS 5.1.1. Hope it helps.

How To Downgrade iOS 6 to 5.1.1 iPhone 4/3Gs iPod 4G & iPad 2 - Mac & Windows + Jailbreak Untethered - YouTube

Anyway, just a quick update on the Jailbreak status of iOS 6. The iPhone Dev team released a beta version of Redsn0w which allows you to jailbreak your iDevice (iPhone 5 NOT SUPPORTED) TETHERED. An Untethered version is currently in the works and may be released in the coming month. Also, a port for the Siri to iPhone 4, 3GS and iPod Touch 4 is also in the works. For people who wants to jailbreak iOS 6 tethered, follow the instructions in the video below.

How To Jailbreak iOS 6 iPhone 4/3Gs iPod Touch 4G & Install Cydia - 6.0 GM Redsn0w 0.9.13Dev4 - YouTube

8. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    I love how you can put websites on your home screen as icons now - it basically lets you turn any website into an app - I made myself a TFW app! :D 

9. Girl Pants

Girl Pants Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Love the changes to iOS 6. I personally never used Maps, so I don't have an opinion on that.

HOWEVER, Podcasts is garbage. It's so over-designed and under-functional. If they had to seperate it out of Music/iPod, why not just keep the old interface? I'm not one of those people who just hates change either, this new app simply does not work as fast or as easily as the podcasts tab back in the Music app.