iOS 5: safari loads cached pages?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Treadshot A1, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Anyone else had this problem? Safari always loads my cached pages when I visit TFW or other forum sites, whenever I press the back button.

Basically, it's 10:36pm now, and I've just viewed the Busou Shinki thread. I press back, to the Toyark index, and see the threads all in a different order, and theist recent post was 9:28 am. I refresh, and I see the correct page, the one that has the most recent post as 10:xx pm.

So why does Safari load what is obviously a cached version of the Toyark Index, even though my Internet connections works right now? I know recently I've had connection issues to the Internet (**** you Bigpond), but the internet's fine now, and this isn't the first time it's loaded a cached page for no reason, and then displayed correctly when I refresh. WTF?

Given that I'm seriously considering buying a non-Apple tablet (not sure yet, but I'd even settle for something from Iconia at this point... :(  ), this is seriously threatening to push me over the edge and get a new tablet. Anyone know how to fix this before I spend another many hundreds of dollars on a new machine?