Ion (Spoilers in a way)

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by OmegaScourge, Sep 1, 2007.

1. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

so in the newest Previews, Tales of the Sinestro Corps Presents: Ion #1

and in Countdown Presents, we see Kyle Rayner as a Green Lantern, with a ring....

so as for Ion, who do you think will claim it?

My guess is is that one dude, the one the chic needs to watch over or no one (as the Guardians will do something to make it so).

If it's Hal, then that is F'n BS to the max...

sad how Kyle's being treated...

2. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Kyle's always seemed to be the red headed step child of the GL's. He gets a ring, then they stuff his girl friend in a refrigerator. Becomes Ion, then they turn him evil. Next, he'll probably be beaten to death by the Joker, then come back as the Red Hood.

3. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

No way Hal will become Ion. I think it'll be that new guy also, but Kyle fans are fast becoming like the old 'Hal needs to come back' Fans in terms of annoyance.

Kyle is a great character, and all comic characters have dramatic things happen to them. They really need to quit the massive amount of whining about every little thing that happens to him like DC has a personal vendetta against him, and move on cause at least he's still alive, which is more than what Barry Allen Fans can say.

4. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    It's Geoff John's writing, So i hope it won't be a cop-out. As for Kyle they wanted to kill him when they brought Hal back but Johns talked them out of it. He talked them out of killing Dick Grayson and replacing him with Jason Todd in Infinite Crisis too.

5. Ted Kord

Ted Kord Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think Sodam Yat is going to end up being Ion. He's a new character that keeps being pushed into the spotlight, so to speak. If it's not him, then I think the Ion and Parallax entities are just going to be trapped somewhere together, keeping each other in check.

As for Kyle, I really hope that they're going to end up putting him back together with Donna Troy by the end of Countdown. I'd really like to see them get married and kick ass together.

6. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Yeah that´s what i was goign to say. I bet Sodam Yat will become Ion.

7. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

It would really cool if they did marry Donna and Kyle, but I've always been more of a Jade and Kyle fan...something about green chicks, but she's kinda dead for now.

8. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I still think it'll be Kyle. I think they're going to stop Paralax by putting Ion back inside him.

9. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

The way I see it, if Kyle can't become Ion again because he was host to Parallax, then neither can Hal, who was also once host to Parallax. Personally I hope Kyle can and will become Ion again though. If not, I'm thinking it'll pass to someone new.

10. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I get the feeling nobody knows what to do with Kyle. First they want him to be Green Lantern, then they don't. Then they want him to be Ion, then they don't. Now he seems likely to become Green Lantern again but once you've been Ion, that seems like a demotion to me. I'd rather they kill him off than drag him around aimlessly.

11. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

If they make him a GL, where will he go? His sector already has the standard 2 Lanterns. I'm pretty sure that a previous host to Parllax won't be first in line for the honor guard either.

12. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

there's going to be 4x GLs for/from Earth: Hal, John, Guy, and now Kyle...

13. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Five if you count Alan Scott.

14. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

True, but Guy isn't an active GL for our sector. He is part of the Honor Guard, which is why I said that Kyle wouldnt probably be in line for the Honor Guard either.

15. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Here's what I think is going to happen. They put Ion back inside Kyle to stop Paralax. Afterwards, Kyle decides to find the other embodiments of emotion, so they can't cause anymore harm.

16. Ted Kord

Ted Kord Well-Known Member

There was something very interesting in this weeks All-New Atom. Kyle makes an appearance and there's an editor's note which reads, "Kyle appears here after the events in Green Lantern #26 and concurrent with the events of Countdown 33." Or something like that. Anyway, the interesting thing about it is that he's in his new costume and Ryan (Atom) refers to him as Ion.

17. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well I'll be darned.

18. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Haha! How much you wanna bet I'm totally right about the whole deal?

Also, is it just me, or was that just a really stupid move? It basically ruins a major part of the Sinestro Corps story. We now know for a fact that Kyle gets out of this perfectly fine.

19. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Sodom Yat as Ion crossed my mind too. :) 

Love to see Hal, John, Guy and Kyle working as a team.

20. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Kyle's new costume from the cover to next week's Countdown looks pretty cool. It's a more simplified version of his second GL costume. Unfortunately, he's brought back that stupid crab mask from his first costume. :(