Invincible Ironman #9 *SPOILERS!*

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Gears, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm at a loss for words after reading this issue. Issue begins with Ironman trying to remember the 22 minutes he was missing last issue. Nick Fury has a meeting where he says Tony Stark is now a "bad guy." Stark hacks into the meeting to proclaim his innocence. He asks to be locked up in a prison with no technoly that he can hack and escape from. Then if another murder occurs, they'll know it wasn't him. The armor breaks free from it's containment and heads to Iraq to kill it's next victoms. "Ironman" wrecks an entire battalion and kills dozens in the process. After the carnage "Ironman" removes his helmet to reveal...Tony Stark! --The armor had broken him free from the prison earlier. Tony says, "My god, what have I done?" Fury makes a call to the Sentry, and orders him to neutralize Stark next issue! :eek: 

2. Optimus_Prime84

Optimus_Prime84 Well-Known Member

Great Stuff!!! here a link to next issue cover with The Sentry http://www.marvel.com/catalog/?id=4411 so hmm the suit is being controlled by the man in the cape and what is that hieroglyph stuff he connect by USB?

3. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

sounds cool...but alas, i aint a Iron Man fan....here we go with the Tony is bad routine again....

4. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    I really, really like the reason why Tony goes rogue: it's an aftereffect of Extremis, and if anyone calls shenanigans, check out the primary villian from Ellis' arc. If THAT'S not an indication that Extremis will mess you up, I don't know what is.

In any case, the heiroglyphic thing I'm not happy about so far. Odds are, the baddie is a guy from FuturePharm, and the USB thingy just LOOKS heiroglyphic. The 6 people on the "Execute" list, I'm thinking, have some sort of tracer in them; the USB device activates one of those tracers, and sends people injected with Extremis into uncontrollable rage.

Remember that old episode of Star Trek: TNG? Where Data commandeers the Enterprise, completely against his will, and flies it back to Dr. Soong's planet, because Dr. Soong activated a tranceiver? I'm thinking that's what happened here; tranceivers in the 6 were activated, and ANYONE with Extremis would have gone in and killed them, but it just so happens that Tony is just the fastest, and thus first.

Does that make any sense to anyone else...? The Extremis thing making anyone injected with it into, essentially, an animal drawn to a certain "scent" that said animal must kill in order to have peace?

Good arc so far. I'm sort of sick of "Stark goes crazy," too, but at least it's being done well so far. I probably would've preferred to see it later on down the line (like at issue 15 or so), but Civil War (and the Ellis/Granov arc) probably forced them to play it now. It would also explain why we got "Iron Man: Inevitable;" I'm thinking now that those were the Iron Man comics scheduled to follow up Ellis.

5. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm enjoying the arc. It's a fun read and I actually see where this is going.

Stark is now mostly machine. He is a living computer and computers have the ability to be hacked. I wager that someone simply hacked into Stark and can take him over at will.

6. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    But that's been done so many times before, Wreckgar, and you know it. It was also the reason he turned in "The Crossing," as explained by Busiek...and I'm pretty sure the fewer reminders we have of THAT, the better.