Invincible Iron Man

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Razerwire, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Anyone reading it?

Matt Fraction does a helluva job on it. It's based on the movie (post Obie Stane's death) and pretty gripping.

2. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

It's a great book IMO. I thought it would be terrible because I really don't see how IM can hold 2 titles when even Cap couldn't. But surprisingly Fraction does a good job. The only thing tht pisses me off is the 2 cover thing for each issue.

Also, it's not movie based. Stane died in Iron Man 200 and this is based off his legacy there.

3. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

I got a copy of the first issue for free because of the arrangemtn between the local comic store and one of the movie theaters, and I have to say, I was very impressed and intrigued. Been meaning to read in-store at the very least but haven't had the chance.

Though I don't get why Iron Man (or any one else really) needs more than one solo book, epecially when they're also featured heavily in a team book, and in Shellhead's case, starting to pop up almost as much as Wolverine.

4. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I've been reading it too. It's got a very interesting story. I cant wait to see the showdown between Stark and Stane.

5. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Did you read the 3rd issue? Came out today. It is based off the movie according to the third issue. He mentions his capture in the Middle East and not Vietnam.

6. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is based in current Marvel 616 continuity, as can be evidenced by direct ties to current happenings such as the Thor appearance and the series directly stemming from Fraction's work on the Order. Tony was retconned to have have been in the Middle East instead of Vietnam based on at least Warren Ellis' arc, Extremis in Iron Man v4.

7. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Ahhh, okay. I dig.

8. Prometheum5

Prometheum5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm eating this book up, multiple covers and all... I'm considering it an alternate universe based on a combination of the movie, old stuff, and current stuff... Stark will always have been injured in Vietnam in the 616 as far as I'm concerned... and I've got two thirds of everything vintage IronMan to prove it.

Incidentally, did anyone read Legacy of Doom, which wrapped up this week? I thought it was great in general, and was very excited at the end to see that Layton remembers some of the little details from hims late 80's IM work... I thought it was neat how they retconned a second Doom/Camelot adventure into the post-armor wars armor era, and managed to tie it into the old one.

9. Razorbeast

Razorbeast With Love and Squalor

I looooooooooove Salvador Larrocas' artwork. Fraction is just genius :) 

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse, but more proof that it does take place in the 616 universe is the prescence of The Initiative, War Machine, and Pepper Potts as Hera.
    So yeah. What everyone else said :p 

10. Razerwire

News Credits:
    My apologies for bringing up this zombie thread but I had a question about what I read in issue 21 today.

What's up with the two Captain America's? I pretty much stopped reading anything Cap related after Civil War. Is one the actual Steve Rogers and the other some other guy?

11. Empir3

Empir3 Bedstructicon Empir3

I really enjoy the series ive only read the first 12 issues so far though. Waiting on the dark reign trades for it to come out.

12. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Yeah, Rodgers is coming back in Reborn. I think there's a few issues left to go with that. But Marvel doesn't care about continuity anymore so thats why he's probably in IM. Haven't read the newest IM yet.

13. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I may have to pick this up. I can't stand Fraction's Uncanny X-men, but something tells me this is more to do with the current disaster that is the X-verse than Fraction's writing.

14. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister Cat + Sinister = TROUBLE

That seems to be the norm whenever it comes to the X-verse. The only notable exception was Peter Milligan's run--he just sucked on his own.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.