Invincible #34 - The overall plot moves dramatically!!!

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by thefrozenred, Aug 6, 2006.

1. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Seriously!!! This issue was great!!!!

MAJOR spoilers:

Robot was NEVER a sentient life form, he was just a servant built by tube-boy, who just wanted (a) a new body, and (b) presumably, to help the world! And tube-boy gets a new cloned body - is it Rexplode? I have to go back and check the earlier issues. But whoa! And then -

Mark meets the possible future heroes! Honestly, I think most everyone reading this comic has been waiting for the whole thing with Future-Eve for a long, long time. :) 

And next issue, even if it's just Nolan's stories...it's more Nolan! :D 

2. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Just read it. Fantastic! Poor Mark.

3. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

For whatever reason, "robot" wanted his body to be a clone of rexplode. There are a lot of theories over at the image board that the reason behind this is because "robot" has a crush on monster girl, and thats why he cloned a younger body, (Monster girls' biologically a little girl herself).

Doesnt it seem that we're the only 3 people on this board who read this book? Thats a shame.

4. thefrozenred

Ebay:
    Indeed. Although, I didn't start reading it til I got the opportunity to do it for free...I think most people are concerned about taking a risk with an off-the-wall title they've never heard of before. :( 

In any case, Robot-or-whoever might have made a younger Rexplode body so as to pursue something with Monster Girl...but that's given that she doesn't use her powers and become any younger. I'm thinking Robot-or-whoever knows that something horrible will happen, and wants a younger body now so that, when this atrocity does happen, his older-and-better-matured body wouldn't be all...well, too old.

5. Denyer

Denyer Shooty Dog Thing

Ditto, and I'm not following it particularly closely now as singles/scans because I'm aiming to pick up the hardcovers, opportunity permitting. The first is a really nice package -- a bit heavy to hold in one hand and turn pages, but there's a ton of production material and commentary.

If anyone out there is wondering whether or not to check it out, do -- the character writing is sharp, there's no overarching Image continuity to get bogged down in, and it generally isn't a depressing angst-fest.

6. thefrozenred

Ebay:
    Agreed about the angst thing. Really good job with that.

It's got a really nice unrequited love story, which may see the beginning of a resolution soon (as noted above).