Customs: Inventor of cyanoacrylate glue, Dr. Harry Coover, dies at 94.

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Shwiggie, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Shwiggie

Shwiggie Likeable dryskinned biped

Please accept my apologies if this is outside the scope of this forum. But I felt it relevant for the simple reason that, if it weren't for this gentleman, the toy customizing hobby that we celebrate here would have been vastly different from its current form...if it would have even existed. Seriously, how valuable do you think super glue been to this hobby?

I thought it appropriate to recognize his passing. That said, I also understand if it might have been better posted elsewhere and endorse any effort made by moderators towards relocation.

Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/28/business/28coover.html?_r=1&src=busln&pagewanted=print

2. hailstarscream

hailstarscream UNICRONIAN

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    it's funny when you're trying to make/fix something, but keep failing, and don't realize the potential it may benefit towards something else. one time i was working on one custom and was stuck. looking at it, i then realized what i wanted to do to this particular custom would work on another. so yes, this was an absolute great invention in which was a fail for what they were really after, benefited elsewhere. funny huh. and think about how many things we use glue for.

3. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    94 years, huh? At least he... stuck around... for a while.