Customs: Introductory thread

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Dilborg, May 4, 2008.

1. Dilborg

Dilborg Well-Known Member

I figured I should introduce myself seeing as i've been lurking around here for quite some time and occassionally (though closer to rarely) posting. But I figure if i'm going to start showing off my butcherings then I should say hi and stuff.

I'm probably better (or worse) known as Burn on Seibertron.com, TAAU and OzFormers. Some of you have probably seen my junk there, for those that haven't, well I do have a poorly designed webpage for my creations.

Clicky to see

I definitely don't make any claims to being good. I started customising TF's probably around 5 years or so ago. I guess in some way i've always been a bit of a "customiser", but I use that term loosely for my younger days. I started off on model kits, aircraft to be exact. After a while i'd pick up junker toys and "merge" them into some ungodly things, and then spray 'em black. Some day I might dig those particular monstrocities out and show them off. But they're not my proudest of creations that's for sure.

Around 5 years ago, a couple of years after getting back into TF's, back when kitbashing it's self wasn't as popular as it is today, I saw a couple of customs and decided to have a go myself. And I had no idea what to do really. I didn't bother reading guides, didn't bother asking questions, I just tried different things until they worked or I was happy with them.

I'm also the sort of person who believes he doesn't have a right to try his hand recreating canon characters. As such all my creations are original characters that i've come up with. That's why there's no pics for some of the things i've made as I haven't fleshed out their character yet, or i'm just plain embarrassed by them.

And a fair bit of warning, I can be a lazy bugger so I don't often post WIP's as they often go unworked on for weeks, sometimes even months.

So yeah, that's me. Hi and all! Now I gotta get back to checking through all these other threads to drool.

2. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

BURN - KICKARSE! :D 
    Great to have you around, mate!

3. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Impressive. I kinda speed look every one of your customs, very cool.

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    welcome aboard.

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Welcome, Radicon! I went through each piece you created and had a blast! I hope we see more from you in the future! :thumb 

6. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

dude youre work is great I love gore version 3 ( my fav), Hecatomb. But all of your stuff is very good

7. maximus_primal

maximus_primal Autobot

Welcome aboard and VERY impressive stuff. Look forward to seeing future items.

8. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

hello and welcome i am new as well. your work looks great. i can relate to you being a model builder i am an ex model builder myself i built all kinds of kits mostly cars before i changed over to stricktly transformers. transformers can be more rewarding because you get to play with the finished product more so than with a model kit :) 

9. Massdestruction

Massdestruction Instrument of Destruction

Welcome.

And I can relate to having projects sit around for months (years) mid-bashed. I actually have a Universe Ramjet being bashed into a G1 styled Jetfire that has only needed a small booster mod since fall of 2004. Maybe I should finish it sometime before the 5th anniversary of when I last worked on it.

10. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Welcome Bro! Always glad to have more Radicons.