Non-TF: Introducing Decepticon Brawhide

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by wheelnut, May 28, 2012.

1. Carpool

Carpool Well-Known Member

Wheelnut...there is too much hype behind this to stop now. This project needs to be finished and displayed weather bad or good. Sometimes a mistake can be the best thing to take you in a new direction...thats something I learned from this site.

2. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

It will be interesting to see what it actually becomes.

3. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good start, any story you're giving to this character? Also are you intending to paint it up or leave it mismatched? It kind of looks like a Junkion who just constantly applies other robot pieces into himself.

4. wheelnut

wheelnut Well-Known Member

Band of Misfits update

well here's my new band of misfits. As you can see on the far left , Shrapnel with Inferno's arms so his new name is Infernocon. After him comes a repaired , no ;onger able to transform Scorpinok from the BW's era , left claw has to be re-inserted and his stinger tail had to be shortened. Next to him is a crab like dude , don't know his name from the BW era , only thing done was I had to super glue his left pincher back on so it is no longer moveable and lastly the one you all know and love now with brand new arms from Dead End. No update on him as I ruined his previous Soundwave arms.

5. Carpool

LOL...what in the name of Primus have you done? Paint them all rusted up and beaten to crap!

6. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    indeed or give them junkion paintschemes :p 

7. wheelnut

yellow and red for Junkion colors ?

8. Carpool

Yes...basically. Yellow, red, orange, brownish, and gray. The Junkions werent painted as much as just naturally colored, as they were literally creating and repairing bodies from junk parts. Make sure you dry brush some metal color on there...a few wires dragging as well and you could have the makings of a Junkion A Team. Yer big freak there could be the "strongman" of!

9. kjyl

kjyl I'm a shark.

Tell you what, PM Dogstar, show him this thread and see what his response is.

All customizers start off doing stuff like this. You have kind of acted like a dick. Go ask anybody what their first stuff looked like and you will get stuff that looks like this.

To the OP. Nice first steps, keep making stuff and refining your skills.

10. wheelnut

Thanks kjyl I will and it's people like yourself who give me the inspiration to keep moving forward with this. Even though I am new to building my own Transformers everyone has to start somewhere. Myself , I like to get pieces when available and create something new. I saw the Swoop the OP was referring to and I have to say it looks fantastic. I'm not trying to win a popularity contest or anything with what I've made I think it's more of a show and tell and get ideas of what to do next thing.

11. Dawgstar

Dawgstar Scratch Builder and 3D Designer

Ebay:

Thanks for the invite and Welcome to the show.
    I have to say that It disgusts me when I see people that have such a hurtfully negative approach to a fellow customizer. Believe me when i started 2 years ago i came up with some pieces that i never put on here because of that kind of mindless insults that sadly some members fell appropriate.

Nearly packed it in altogether and nearly never came back.
    someone took the Mick out of my Devastator that really hurt after putting hours of time and tons of cash into.

Looks good. But besides "Blue Steel" does he come with "Ferrari" "Le Tigra" and "Magnum"??

[​IMG]

might have seemed funny to them but after lots of poor input from other members it all topped up to me nearly packing in. Where was the advice and pointers he /she took time to find a photo but had no time to help me out uhm.

Any way looking back now i see can clearly see that it was not a fantastic build but without that and the other projects that I done I would never had become as skilled as i am today 2 years on.

We all needed to start somewhere and it was all the positive comments and help provided by other radicons that helped me pull my stuff together.

Have some thought for others and yes times will come where you may want to message someone to say the custom sucks but hell give them some pointers and advice because You may well think you the God of fresh customs but with out any followers your nothing.

I think enough has been said about peoples comments and lets now all try to keep it to custom itself. we have discussion boards for general chat.

I do understand what you mean about the attention but you played you part in giving it the attention. I hope next time you think twice before you comment.

Thank you tho for the comment about my Swoop and yes i think it needs a little more love from you guys.

Right now i have had my say the custom piece.

Welcome to your 1st custom thread and thanks for taking the time to share it with us.

The more i look at this piece i can see him coming out of the ground from a junk yard. Left to rust by his fellow decepticons millions of years ago.

I would love to see him painted using this rust paint over black and maybe even burn some holes in him here and there for battle damage.
    [​IMG]

I think that you can pull it together.

if you do paint it wrong just paint over it again.

hope this works out all the best DS

12. Dawgstar

Dawgstar Scratch Builder and 3D Designer

Ebay:
    Thought it was fitting to show that I made the again but it took 4 more attemps

[​IMG]

13. vatarian

vatarian Archentrope, Black Needle, Suzerain of Metabolisms

Yeah... You guys are completely right. I was an asshole. I shouldn't have criticized another member of the communities work in the cruel fashion that I did, especially since it was probably his first attempt at a custom. My first customs were certainly no hot shakes. I went through the thread, and deleted all my rude, and thoughtless comments. I hope everyone else, and most of all Wheelnut, will accept my apology. And thank you for reminding me that customs aren't all impeccable paint jobs, and immaculatly crafted parts. Both the afore mentioned things are certainly cornerstones of a great custom, BUT, I think Wheelnut has had the most important thing down all along; creativity.

With this sincere(If hopefully not to cliched, or sappy) apology out there, I'd just like to wish Wheelnut good luck on his first(?) custom.

14. wheelnut

Vatarian , I accept your apology , no harm no foul. I'm looking at youtube videos to see how to get the big guy spray painted correctly this time so I don't screw up again , running out of spare parts to use. Thanks everyone and hopefully I'll get this "thing" done some time in the near future.

15. Anti-Venom

Anti-Venom Well-Known Member

I think once this guy is painted up he will look incredible.

16. vatarian

Do you have masking tape? That really helps when using spray paint. And yeah... sorry for calling it a thing :redface2: 

17. wheelnut

Tragic news

well after looking long and hard it has come to my attention that my guy was sold along with other Transformers I had . I'm sorry to say there will be no finished product . I could kill .......... I'll keep it at that , so looks like I have to start over.

18. vatarian

Sorry to hear that. Is there anyway to alert the buyer, and get him back?

19. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko Some Internet Guy

Doctor archaeville!!!

20. vatarian

Um..... wut.