Non-TF: Introducing Decepticon Brawhide

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by wheelnut, May 28, 2012.

1. wheelnut

wheelnut Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for your kind words , much appreciated. I like that new title instead , Decepticon X , makes it more of a unknown Transformer that could wipe out all the Transformers.

2. megadon

megadon Well-Known Member

good job

3. wheelnut

Thanks Megadon

4. wheelnut

Anyone have any ideas on how I should proceed with this ? I'm brand new to doing any type of mods to a Transformer.

5. rmac-69

rmac-69 TF HUNTER

The only suggestion I have is, can you PLEASE turn the pictures rightside up? I'm alcolol impaired and that picture is really screwing with me. Thanks in advance.:D 

6. Carpool

Carpool Well-Known Member

Autobot X was an amalgam of old junk parts from Wheeljacks lab. He created the X bot as a place of storage for the mind of injured soldiers so they wouldnt experience the pain of their body being repaired. Ended up going berserk and causing bad things to happen. Point Im trying to make is..instead of Wheeljack creating this thing it would have been Shockwave or Megatron himself. Either way...it should be the color of Decepticon parts. Spare parts that were made for other Cons that were either damaged or never used. Just go through some pics of Decepticons and pick out parts that look similar and color it that way. Youd be surprised where that can take you.

7. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Actually, it is

Anyway, I'd like to see a more refined version of this. Something with more articulation, etc. I do like that it's kind of the Deception answer to Autobot Spike.

8. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    That's just very awesome.

9. wheelnut

Thanks Dino , it's been a couple days now but I think I have a idea of what color I want him to be. Will post pics when finished.

10. wheelnut

not turning out like I thought it would , I may have made some critical errors on my part.

11. MPrime10

MPrime10 Boomsticks.

Yes. It would be a Transformers figure that you altered to make it look how you wanted.

It may not be a good custom, but it is still classified as a custom.

For you wheelnut, painting it would indeed make it look better.

12. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

That's what I do. In fact, that's what many of us do. We take things that people don't want an turn them into something desirable. It's the nature of our hobby.

13. Carpool

Go look at my Autobot X custom. Frankenformer is what it was called. What you just described is exactly what that is. I literally used the security plastic brackets that the little wire cords attached to to secure the figure to construct the shoulder. I took trash plastic and turned it into something relevant. Literally trash plastic. Just sayin. I didnt get very many hits either. Im not jelly. Some things catch the interest some dont. Its like the lottery. This was at the right place and right time.

14. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Moderator

News Credits:
    Ohhh my friend...if you really like doing this sort of thing and stick with it, then you will discover that "critical errors" are sometimes the things turn an otherwise tedious custom into something spectacular!
    Learn to see the error as an opportunity to make it better, and then challenge yourself to fix it.
    There's no time limit set on making something perfect, so take the time to let yourself be inspired, and I promise that not only will your work look better to you, but you'll feel better about it too, since the final result will be closer to that picture you had in your head in the beginning.
    Many great customs end up not turning out the way we thought they would.

15. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    Very cool, and welcome to the hobby :)  if you need any paint tutorials check out games-workshop.com its all 25mm miniatures but the techniques in their tutorials,particularly the 40k stuff are very helpful

16. avengerboy123

avengerboy123 Well-Known Member

oo can I have that air aid behind brawl hide?

17. shapercreator14

shapercreator14 Terrorcon

News Credits:
    reminds me of Tankor.

18. shapercreator14

shapercreator14 Terrorcon

News Credits:
    That's what we do? We're customizers. Hell, I keep every broken plastic scrap if i feel it might be useful later. I have boxes of parts and even boxes of tiny screws. Customizing is doing YOUR thing. Don't go around JUDGING other peoples stuff. Give some good input or at least constructive criticism, If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say it at all.

Anyways, great job Wheelnut, keep us updated :) 

19. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

Yeah.... that was pretty rude. As he said he was experimenting with combining broken parts. Its original and its good practice work for future projects. We all had to start somewhere remember. As for the custom, its interesting. Are you going to paint it for a more unified scheme or leave him as is? He could make for a good junkion the way he is.

20. Carpool

I think youve just helped me with one of my other problems....thanks!