Intro idea.. Michael Bay are you watching? Think Jurassic Park..

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Atom, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Atom

Atom Member

Okay so that got your attention.. Wait til you hear this idea I concocted while at work today..

Quick back story as I am a newbie here.. I grew up playing with the toys, don't think I ever connected with the cartoon movie or comics.. The live action movies drew me in and locked me tight. I just beat Fall of Cybertron, and love the lore involved.. I was also introduced to Grimlock.. Awesome!

That brings me to my idea..

-------------------------- INTRO SCENE: ---------------
    A light dust swirls around with the wind as the camera pans closer to a man and woman, who are shown walking with some tools, and making inaudible conversation. As the camera zooms out, more people are revealed in the background, all of which are digging and brushing at what looks like fossils in the ground. Its a camp, set up on a digsite for dinosaur fossils.

Camera comes back to man and woman, who are now laughing as they make a joke about something. The woman sets her bag down as the man begins to dig. Their conversation and joking abruptly stops when the man's shovel makes a [CLANG!] as it meets some sort of metal buried below. A few more shovelfuls, and they both kneel down and start brushing off the sand.

They have uncovered a giant metal skull.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

Not sure how I would explain it, or what would happen next. Is it Grimlock? Is it in stasis? How do they get revived? That thought just hit me and I had to share it. What do you guys think? Thanks!

2. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    As a HUGE dinosaur, Jurassic Park and Transformers fan, at first glance, I really like your idea, mate. :thumb  But despite the Bayformers MO of rehashing the same ideas, I fear that this idea could be stepping on the toes of concepts that RotF already sort of covered.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see it happen, but I can already here the complaining: "Wha-? Another ancient Transformer in the desert story?!"

3. Skywarp2413

Skywarp2413 Well-Known Member

Considering Bay has explicitly stated he dislikes the idea of Dinobots and doesn't want to put them in the movies, stranger things have happened.
    Come to think of it, Bay explicitly stated DotM was his last Transformers movie. Funny how a check dangling in your face changes things.

4. Avengers

Avengers Banned

My idea was to have the Dynobots & Predicons duke it out in space in their huge space ships near earth. both ships got the need extra help beacon signal & headed for earth. both ships get into a heavy battle & their ships chrash land on different parts of the earth.

The Dynobots ships chrashes right into a museum full of dinosaur fossils. the dynobots are damaged so their built in scanners scans those fossil dinsaurs for their alt modes. their team name changes into Dinobots.

The Predicons ship chrashes into the African jungle. the predicons are damaged & their built in scanner scan Jungle animal alt modes. they change their team name to Predacons.

Fifteen minutes later the dinobots & predacons find each other & fight each other. the predacons merge to form predaking. the dinobots merge to form dinoking. both have a massive epic battle.

the earth bound autobots & decepticons welcome the new members to their team.

5. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Good god, that's painful. I thought the whole "Dynobots become the Dinobots!" thing was already horrendously ******ed, but you managed to kick it up a level by inexplicably throwing the Predacons in the mix.

6. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

but i hate jurassic park

7. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    But this is for Michael Bay. Unless...

8. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I always wonder if people understand that by giving an unsolicited story idea, they have guaranteed he can now never do that, because it would open him and the studio up to lawsuit.

9. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Great idea, Atom. But that would probably have been how the Dinobots would have been introduced in ROTF, as the Fallen's original and discarded servants. Personally I'd see only one Dinobot... the one from BEAST WARS, who I think is more awesome than Grimlock himself has ever been.

The problem with Dinobots, however, is that it is NECESSARY to explain how a Dinobot could actually possess a dino mode. And no origin is ever going to fit well with audiences. Construction, experimentation, scanning animals, none of them are ever going to fit, because people will just not let things BE as they are: robots that can shapeshift/disguise themselves as anything, because they can; they can be animals, machines, worlds, ad infinitum. No, people demand an explanation as to HOW the Dinobots came into being, and that can prove to be difficult.

But who knows? Maybe there can be live-action Dinobots in TFilm4. If that happened, MBay would become an instant TF Hall of Famer LOL

10. Leonis Prime

Leonis Prime Ai-Megumi's Man

Michael Bay does what Michael Bay wants. So he definitely is not listening. Just look at the sequels we have seen so far for proof of that.

11. roccondil5

roccondil5 sculptor

Well, they could just explain them like they did with skorponok, ravage, alice (if you, like me, haven't read the comics, novels, et cetera that actually try to explain the movies, but that's a whole other discussion) and laserbeak.

Oh, wait...

12. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    Bay does what Bay wants because he's the director. And that's good because apparently Bay wants some things that fans want too. :p 

-More iconic characters like Soundwave, Ravage, Devastator, Shockwave, etc.? CHECK.
    -More robot screentime and dialogue in general? CHECK.
    -More new characters? CHECK.
    -Trips into space? CHECK.
    -A complex villain who isn't just evil for evil's sake? CHECK.
    -Toning down the lame humour (DotM compared to RotF)? CHECK.
    -Showcasing some of the more unique concepts like spacebridging, Pretenders, etc.? CHECK.
    -More robot-centric scenes? CHECK.

Seems to me that quite a few things from the sequels happened to include many things that "fans" wanted. Granted, it also appears that Bay heard some fans somewhere clamouring for robot balls, humping dogs and stripping Asians. :redface2:  Not quite sure where those people are hiding. :lol 

It's funny because RotF is basically the result of listening to the majority of "what the fandom wished for". More robots, more action, Soundwave, combiners, more Optimus fights. And we all see how well that turned out. The sequels do indeed include things that many fans seemed to want. Maybe not everything and not the way that certain fans wanted, but on paper, they're there. I basically view the (slow) progression of the Bayformers films as "2 steps forward, 1 step back" in the best case scenario, and "1 step forward, 1 step back" in the worst case. For every new robot-centric scene we get, we also get a useless BS humour scene. :(  For every new character they throw in, they only end up getting 3 lines of dialogue. It's par for the course. Certain aspects of the films get worse as they go on, but there's also things are are definitely getting better as the movies go on.

13. DinoFreakUSA

DinoFreakUSA Well-Known Member

I would settle for just having the characters. I am a huge dinosaur fan, but being a Rex isn't what makes Grimlock special to me. It is his brutality. While other bots just shoot, he runs straight to the enemy to deliver a smack down of fury.
    He could transform into a tank for all I care.

14. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime 1st Cybertronian Spectre of the Galactic Council

I can always count on you to deliver common sense. Or at least reason. :) 

15. Driftveil

Driftveil You find me offensive

Optimus, lives are in your hands, and you have lubricant-fingers?

16. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    If that were true, we would have had the Twins return in DotM. But audiences hated them and Bay got the message. Not like Lucas and his stubborn refusal to abandon Jar-Jar despite nearly universal hatred of the character from anyone over age 4.

17. Rumbleburst02

Rumbleburst02 Well-Known Member

If you had added your e-mail address to that statement your inbox would be full of death threats from hardcore fans by now. :) 

I agree though. If the character was left intact then the vehicle mode would be a lesser concern.

18. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    That is why Lucas limited Binks's screentime in the last two prequel movies. Hell, we barely saw him in Episode 3 to focus on the Anakin/Palpatine/Padme/Obi-Wan story.

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I'd like to see an intro that just involves the Autobots hanging out on Earth during downtime, juxtaposed by scenes of the Decepticons regrouping their forces.

20. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    Well thank-ee. :D 

"Does somebody go out into the park and pull up the dinosaurs' skirts?"

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers...ransformers+Revenge+of+The+Fallen_SC_3043.jpg

"That's affirmative. Male. Repeat. MALE."

This would definitely be cool.

I'm still crossing my fingers for a down-time scene between Optimus and Lennox where they discuss the difficulties of war and being soldiers and whatnot.