Interview with original narrator of Transformer Victor Caroli!

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Discussion' started by jon3pnt0, Jan 23, 2012.

1. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. jthitman

jthitman Well-Known Member

Jon,

That was a great interview, thanks

3. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    My pleasure.

4. entITy

entITy G 1

Awesome Jon, thanks...It's cool you interviewed him, have you interviewed other voice actors from TF universe? I tried viewing your channel but my wi fi kicked out...

5. Repainted

Repainted Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "I was dead..but didn't like it" He's ripping off Chuck Norris! j/k...awesome to know he really is still around and hope he comes back for a role in Transformers film or TV production.

6. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had no idea they offered Victor a part in the movie. But I don't blame him for turning it down because of low pay. Maybe that is part of the reason Corey Burton turned down the voice of Shockwave.

7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Awesome interview. Really enjoyed listening to this at work.

8. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really enjoyed that. Thanks for doing the interview and posting.

9. rmac-69

rmac-69 TF HUNTER

Apperantly you missed the little window that popped up. Victor was not offered a part in the movie, but rather in the game War for Cybertron.

And before I go any further, I just what say thanks to Jon for the work and time he put into the interview. With that said:

The fact that Victor Caroli didn't even know what the offer was for and that Orson Wells was Unicron and NOT Optimus, tells me one thing. Victor Caroli obviously never gave a sh!t about the work he did, but instead only cared about the paycheck. Who does a job and then just blindly walks away without seeing how it turned out. I always enjoyed his narrative voice, but he is kind of a dissapointment as a person.

Just my :2c: 

10. Tux Chaos X

Tux Chaos X Spades Slick

I'm sure a lot of people who provided voice work back in those days did it for the money. Like he said, how many people were actually aware of how popular it was? Even the writers and producers had no idea what they were doing in the movie until they got mail from fans crying about Prime's death. It doesn't help that a) his role was relatively minor (what, maybe two, three lines an episode + interstitials?) and b) he was situated in New York and was told to just mail in his voice work. From the outset he was separated from the product AND he had other work going on at the same time. Back then, it WAS just a gig.

11. rmac-69

rmac-69 TF HUNTER

Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic when I get a paycheck. Especially in this crappy economy. But the way he talked made me see him more like a sperm doner, wip it out and collect a check. Where's the love?

12. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    That has to be one of the most epically ridiculous statements ever posted on these boards. The guy was a grown man who had a career doing plethoras of random voice-over work for TV shows & commercials - do you think he really had the time or even gave a shit enough to sit down, watch, learn & remember every aspect of one of the many children's cartoons that he briefly did some narration for? Good grief.

13. rmac-69

rmac-69 TF HUNTER

I'm in construction. And I've worked on hundreds of jobs as small as a six inch patch in drywall to as large as 15,000 square foot homes. And quess what, I can remember accurate details of nearly every job I've done starting back 20+ years ago. And do you know? Because I give a SHIT. I'm sure when you're done making a donation, you'll respond to this. :D 

14. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    That still means absolutely nothing to anything. When you're a hired gun doing very random & sporadic voice over work, told to "just read this" umpteen times a day for years on end, jumping from studio to studio, and are doing everything from delivering a few lines of dialogue to children's cartoons to TV commercials to hour long National Geographic documentaries because that is what you're career demands, chances are you're not going to zero in on each & every single project and commit it to memory indefinitely.

Sorry, but your amped up nerd rage here is clearly getting in the way of basic common sense.

15. rmac-69

rmac-69 TF HUNTER

Wow, that was quick. Either that or you didn't pick up your check yet.

And for the record, there is no rage here concerning Victor Caroli. As I said, "I always enjoyed his narrative voice.

Good Bye.

16. Starscreamsfan

Starscreamsfan Don Botleone

News Credits:
    This is nice, I was one of the few that knew that he wasn't dead, because I used to watch Extreme Forensics and I met Vic in 2006 in a Walmart store :D 

He's very cool headed and awesome and when I met him, he was talking to somebody and I found something very familiar about him, and I asked him "Are you the Transformers Narrator??" and he, with a very calm and cool behavior said "Yes, I am". I went :jawdropper:  and started feeling like a crazed fanboy and asked him a lot of questions which he kindly replied. I can now die happily!!! :bowdown: 

17. PureNoobage

PureNoobage New Member

I know this thread is nearly a year old, but I just watched the interview then saw this comment and felt compelled to respond.... I don't understand why you would blow that other poster's comment so far out of proportion. How is it ridiculous for a fan to be disappointed by a celebrity who's clearly disinterested in their work? I think it's totally understandable to expect Caroli to at least know SOMETHING about TF considering it's by far the biggest thing on his resume. Why are you being so defensive about a comment which wasn't directed at you in the first place? Wow. Calm down.

18. rmac-69

rmac-69 TF HUNTER

LOL! Amen. My biggist complaint is that he took no pride in his work. But, nough said, life goes on. :) 

19. siccoyote

siccoyote Worst side of the fandom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think people are giving him a bit of a hard time, yes he doesn't remember it was a gig. It was a NARRATING gig, which means SAY THIS in a clear and authorative manner, like everything else.
    When it's a character you can tell he remembered a lot more about that because he was acting it mattered what the show was about when acting.

But when narrating it's just reading what's on the card like you know what you're talking about.

Plus I've done many jobs where at the time I am focused on it, but the next day I can't remember what I did nor do I care.

20. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

This is like asking a cashier to remember every single face they see every single day they check out customers at the register. They see so many that it's impossible to keep track of who you encountered. You do your work and move on to the next one because your services and your focus is then needed there.

Jon thank you for making one of my long time wishes come true by bringing us the man himself, Victor Carrolli. It's so good to be able to hear from him after all these eyars and get that introspective. He is one of my favorites, and one of the voices I try to emulate, as you already know. I've watched this a couple times and will continue watching it several more for as long as it's online.