Interview with me about ROTF on Hungarian TV

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by BB Shockwave, Jul 1, 2009.

1. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I'm a definite TV star now. :rolleyes: 

MTV ROTF Interview with Hungarian fans

The part about TFs is right at the beginning of the show, after the intro! (the page might take you to view a short commercial before the clip, it's unavoidable).

And my name is Benedek Maghegyi, but you will recognize me from the Shockwave T-Shirt anyhow... ;) 

Basically, the Hungarian (non-commercial) TV channel started a new Movie Guide/Review show, and they did a spot on ROTF. The reporter googled TF and found our forum, and contacted the three most active members (at the time) - she wanted to talk with us about ROTF and TF history in general. Three of us would have been there, but our Megatron got delayed at work, so only Clio (Erika) and myself could attend. Shooting took place at my home - we tried to represent on the table the most iconic TFs as well as a little bit of all series (from G1 to the Movie). Clio brought the movie toys, MISB Henkeis, Alternators and Cyrotek, the rest are from my collection.

Oh and the TV crew (especially the cameramen) were amazed at some of the toys, G1 Megs and MP Prime were there favourites. They took separate shootings of us transforming some of the toys (Clio transformed Movie Stockade and Voyager OP, me G1 Soundwave and Laserbeak, Megatron and pretender Bumblebee) but only a few made it to the final cut.

If anyone's interested in what we and the other people say I can do a quick translation! :)  The other two people interviewed are a Movie critic (he says good things about the movie and seems to be on the know about the mythology as well), and a psychologist who talks about what the desire to transform into something means (yeah, I'm as puzzled as you about what this has to do with the movie at all).

2. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

pretty cool man, they talked with you for awhile. No idea what was said but it was cool to see the toys and be jealous of the Henkei Hot Rod, lol.

Who was the woman with the short red hair?

and,....are all Hungarian ticket taker woman that scary looking? :D 

3. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks!

She was the psychologist I talked about... no idea why the reporter thought we need a shrink's opinion on this movie. I though she'd talk about the obsessive collecting of toys (I'm an addict too, heh) - I do mention Lucky Draw G1 Prime and the fact that collections go for thousands of $ on Ebay, though...

Hot Rod belongs to Clio (Erika) - I do have a lot of Henkeis but I prefer Classics Hot Rod with the 'normal' flames and the orange spoilers over the Henkei - him and Mirage are one of the few where I did not buy the japanese versions.

And no, not all ticket collectors look like Strika... :)  The whole opening scene tries to capture that "70-80s" feeling of the Eastern Block, though, and I must say it does that pretty well.

4. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

if the feeling of the Eastern block is "scary woman wants to eat my soul" then yeah I think they captured the feeling.

What did the shrink say? Honestly to me she looked nuts which is why I asked about her. Finding out she's a shrink brings me a small chuckle of ironic satisfaction. (though I admit I don't know why)

I wish the video had english subtitles, lol.

5. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh yeah, we had that type of scary women here... :)  But I guess they are present in the US too.

The shrink - she basically says stuff about what it means if someone wants (mentally) to be able to shapeshift into something else - wanting to be a dog means loyalty, for example, wanting to be able to change into a weapon means agressiveness, a car means speed, etc... Such ridiculous things.

When I manage to get a HQ version of the whole thing (I only have it on videotape at home), I'll do some subtitles and put it on youtube. :)