Interview With Hasbro On The Future Of Transformers Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Caminus Prime

Caminus Prime Banned

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    You do realize they're gonna keep forcing this "story" to continue. The only way it's gonna be finished is when the critics and box office Lucille paramounts head in.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  2. Heliblade

Heliblade Autobot Vigilante of Kaon

This Q&A was so predictable and shallow that I feel physically ill.

• Like Like x 2
  3. iuJacob

iuJacob low battery

News Credits:
    Between this interview and the Hascon one, I think maybe some people want to take a look at how to conduct a proper interview and work their 'guests' a little better. This is really weak.

Now granted, you probably weren't going to get much out of this person. However, I remember in the Hascon thread they talked about treading lightly because they were worried about rubbing someone the wrong way or offending. That's a pretty good way to go about it if you're looking for an empty, uninformative and pointless interview.

It's possible to ask challenging questions and get interesting informative answers while still remaining respectful. Good journalists do it all the time. Some people will just be closed off, yes. That very well may have been the situation as Hascon. But at least we would know it's just the interviewee blocking them, as opposed to someone conducting the interview without any balls.

I know we're not talking about world shaking issues here, but you do have a relatively large fan site who I'm sure would be interested to see a little more effort than these offerings.

All that being said, maybe the NYCC interview will be fantastic. We'll see.

4. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    They tried it with Goldner during a Hasbro profit sharing meeting. They asked pointblank "Do you feel like The Last Knight was a success?". Brian went on about how the movie toyline was doing great, completely side-stepping the fact that the question was actually more about the movie and how the lackluster returns were affecting toy sales.

So, it really doesn't matter who you talk with. If they don't know much, they'll feed you the lines you know. If they do know much, they'll find ways to side-step the question. The news guys here aren't Ted Koppel or Barbara Walters league journalists. Most of them are guys like you and I. Give them a break.

• Like Like x 2
  5. iuJacob

iuJacob low battery

News Credits:
    No one is looking for or expecting 60 minutes. Just something that isn't gutless and phoned in.

Regarding TLK question, it could've been addressed again, if not immediately after. If they stonewall again, fine. The fans conducting the interviews are closer to this than anyone else. They know the better questions to ask and and leads they'd be interested in. But for one reason or another, they don't. Pick any other specific band/movie/whatever niche fan website and follow their examples. They may not be polished, but the content is usually far more fruitful than what we are given here. I'm pretty sure that's all anyone else is asking for.

• Like Like x 1
  6. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    THIS is my main issue... OK, so the Hasbro folks are known for non-answers at this point. Then let's stop putting this on the site and calling it "news." It's literally nothing.

Because there's literally NOTHING there!

7. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    So...you are wanting an interview full of "I don't know" or "I can't tell you that...but what I can tell you is [known fact]"? Because that tends to be what we get when they go more to the point...

• Like Like x 1
  8. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    So, it sounds like the best idea is to set a disclaimer in the front page synopsis saying "Fans following the franchise won't find much new here."?

9. iuJacob

iuJacob low battery

News Credits:
    I've addressed that already, though.

I'm not blaming them for the answers they are given. But just rolling over and not challenging a response or at least branching off from it is not doing them any favours.

If this site was sponsored or funded in some way by Hasbro and/or Paramount, then yeah, we should only expect that sortof content.

10. Jazz210

Jazz210 Est.2011

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    She meant hasbro has really created a cinematic shitverse

• Like Like x 3
  11. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Blah blah blah. Hot air. Blah blah blah marketing bs blah blah blah. Blah.

• Like Like x 3
  12. IamPersona

IamPersona Well-Known Member

The things that worries me the most is how the toyline will evolve alone with the films. If the next two films are relased it would mean a new line of transformers toys for the next three years. But the biggest prolem is when you compare the TLK line to the first movie line. The first series made an effort to release a toy based on all the robots and now we have a toyline that is oversaturated with the good guys and contains a meager four decepticons. One of my best memories of this film franchise is going into toys r us as a kid and seeing rows of revenge of the fallen toys, now there is literally nothing. I feel Hasbro has lost touch with its consumer and fan base and is producing them simply from a corperate mindset. Personaly there were enough robots to fill a neat little wave with a few autobots and one or two decepticons in each. I would love to have a little mohawk and dreadbot sitting on my desk but hasbro decided to waste time and money on characters like steelbane and cogman one never actually transforming and the other dying off quickly. You could easlily replace those two figures to make room for two more decepticons. 

I do hope in the end that the line gets better, but part of me doubts that very much. 

13. KayODave

KayODave Still a grey prototype

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Where Unicron wakes up and Earth disintegrates in the process as he devours Cybertron and everything wrong with the Bayverse.

Save us, Unicron!

• Like Like x 4
  14. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well It either ends in a boring way or Earth is obliterated because Unicron transforms... there!

I'm tired of that argument.
    But on another note considering the "2019 new story," they've put themselves in a corner. They missed the opportune time to reboot by two movies now they've created a .completely separate fan-base that is expecting the conclusion to this nonsense. So, even if 2019 is a reboot, they would never say so, because now they're pissing off a whole new generation of Bay fans that they have created.

• Like Like x 1
  15. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Cognitive ability of a rock

News Credits:
    With all the different versions out there, probably yes.

16. MetalStorm

MetalStorm Click Click Boom!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I won't say that TLK was best thing ever, but I will say that I enjoyed it. My wife and kid enjoyed it. My co-worker and his wife who went to go see it with us enjoyed it.

Is it perfect? No. I see all the flaws in it, but I still enjoyed watching it. I rate it as my second favorite TF live-action movie. It is a fun movie and well paced, and in my opinon, it's undeserving of the shit heaped upon it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Meanwhile, I was passively enjoying the previous movies and found TLK nothing but an endless assault of my senses with random annoying barely-if-at-all related nonsense...

18. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

So? The constant onslaught of the e-tailer sponser's newsletters on the front page ain't news either, and is probably almost pointless since any serious e-buyers are most likely already subscribed to them via e-mail. But no one ever complains about that, especially considering the huge amount of front page real estate the things take up, and just ignores and scrolls past them.

• Like Like x 2
  19. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I can't worry that far ahead;
    The movie hit blu ray and There is still Wave 1 stuff on my local shelves.

Anyone want a Voyager Grimlock or Berzerker?

20. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I'd love to see an off-record interview with a disgruntled former worker with an axe to grind who has nothing to lose by letting it all out. Much more informative and ironically possibly builds more hype than the generic copy/paste answers from higher ups.

Reading between the lines, what that lady was conveying came off like:

"Yes we get it, 10 years later and maybe Michael Bay struck lightning in a bottle once and the 4 consecutive times we tried doing after didn't work. Then we had this writers room which was disbanded after The Last Knight.

We hear fans loud and clear and will aim at a younger crowd using the most beloved character from the 1st movie, Bumblebee.

We will then go in an entirely new direction after because the writers room fell apart and we have no idea if we should even make a TF6"