Interview with Ernie Hudson

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ORIO, May 17, 2012.

1. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  2. SwindlesShop

SwindlesShop Kenny Power's drug dealer

News Credits:
    i really wanna meet this dude!

3. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    His voice is really suites the folewer!

The whole cast is perfect! I dont think i can picture anybody else who plays there role like that girl for arcee and the rock for cliff!!

This is such a great cast on tfprime!!!!! I hope they contiune with as long they can!

4. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    He WOULD be a cool Autobot!! :thumb 

Nice interview!

I forgot to check the dates, was this b4 he was sick or after??

Just wondered how he's doing now? Maybe he's home resting, that's why it was an email interview.

Last edited: May 17, 2012
  5. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He came to the Albuquerque Comic Expo last year and I caught him while he was walking in. Very nice guy and he's a lot taller in person. I thought his hand was going to crush mine.

6. SwindlesShop

News Credits:
    good to know he's a cool dude! generally actors in expo's are only in it for the money and typically douches, im happy he's not one.

7. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, he was charging quite a bit for photos and autographs if I remember correctly. Which is why I was happy to catch him on the street. :/

8. SwindlesShop

News Credits:
    yeah i'd probably pay just to meet him, can't say for any other actors at conventions. I did get to meet John Carpenter one of the few guys who signed for free at a convention.

9. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Mid-season hiatus? I think that'll be Toxicity, since apparently it will have effects on the rest of the season. I'd rather not go the whole summer without new episodes, though, so presumably if they try to finish around the same time as last year, they'd have to start again about July or August...

But Ernie is a badass. That's all that needs to be said.

10. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Ernie Hudson is a classy guy. He's been in quite a few of of my favorite movies. Very talented, all around actor. Really hope we get to see him reprise Zeddmore!

11. Bahamut Prime

Bahamut Prime Even Kaiba supports 'em!

I love this guy as an excellent voice actor for TFP! He really brought Special Agent Fowler to life! :D 

12. hotrod54

hotrod54 Banned

Charge for an autograph? Really? I would laugh in the face of any egotisitcal actor that required payment for a signature. These people are fortunate we all care about their work in the 1st place. I would say hi to Ernie Hudson if I saw him in person, but if he asked for payment for an autograph I would walk away w/o saying a word.

13. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Payment for autographs is how a lot of shows cover the costs of bringing guests in, as well as enticing them to take time from their schedules to do so.

Don't want to pay? Don't, it's totally up to you, but it's extremely common and a model that works for a lot of shows, such that in many cases the autograph/photo lines are the only place to really meet and talk to the guests.

Mr. Hudson seemed like a really nice guy when I met him, and I hope his health is improving.

14. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Man, this guy is awesome! I imagined his replies in Agent Fowler's voice and it was epic!

"His name would be Vanquish, and he would transform into an Aston Marton. He would be the coolest, most sophisticated bot of them all."

Guy's got taste XD

15. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No kidding, an Aston Marton?!:drool: 

I think he would have been better than Drift.

16. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Ernie Hudson is awesome.
    He is perfect as Agent Fowler.

I like how he was honest and said he was aware of the franchise but wasn't a hardcore fan, but then he says this:
    And shows that he gets it -perfectly.

17. jerminator

jerminator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Ernie Hudson is awesome to meet. I had the pleasure of meeting him back in October at a horror con in Gatlinburg, TN. Funny thing...I found Transformers toys there...and bought a couple, but upon meeting Mr. Hudson, I totally forgot about Prime and went into Ghostbusters/The Crow fanboy mode. The man is a class-act all around.

[​IMG]

18. Viewfinder

Viewfinder Telecommunications

Back in 97-98 I worked at a Hallmark store in NYC which a friend of mine owned and celebrities used to shop there all of the time.

A few times Ernie Hudson came in to buy some Beanie Babies for his kids and we would chat for awhile.

He's a really nice guy!

19. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Vanquish the Aston Martin? Hngngnghhhh...

"Argh-ergh-ugh. ... It's... an honour... to have my hand crushed by you... Mr. Hudson..."

Then you're going to be laughing at 99% of actors out there, friend. This is what conventions are about (amongst other things). It's not like they charge for an autograph if you were to meet them on the street (okay, some douchy ones might). We're talking about charging at conventions. They really only charge if they're at conventions. Want Stan Lee's autograph at the Calgary Comic Expo? Pay $50. Want an autograph or picture with George Takei at some Star Trek convention? Most likely have to pay. It's rarely the actor's decision to be paid for autographs, it's more likely their rep/agent.

And to have the attitude of "these people are fortunate we all care about their work in the 1st place" is laughable. That's like having the erroneous disposition of "Custodians are lucky they have a job." No, we are lucky that we have custodians looking after the cleanliness and overall state of being in facilities that we use. Yes, actors are fortunate that we care. We are also fortunate that we get to meet these people that we care about. :rolleyes:  It's goes both ways. Without fans, 'famous people' wouldn't be as big of a deal. Without 'famous people', we fans would have less people to 'care about'.

"Besides, who would you be without us, actors?"

We don't want them to respond "Time to find out."

20. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

I think you're right on as to when the cliffhanger will happen. We'd have seen previews, episode descriptions, etc., for the next shows beyond Toxicity by now if things were continuing on unfettered.

And I couldn't agree more! Ernie is a class act.