INTERVIEW about Transformers Vs. The Visionaries

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Lucas35, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Lucas35

Lucas35 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Typical comic book move to sell copies. Can't write a decent, engaging story? Start killing off main characters.

Count me out.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

Visaggio is a crappy writer to begin with, so I don't think an engaging story was ever on the table.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Typical comment by someone who after having been served their favorites on a silver platter for years starts whining and threatening because after they have been killing off lesser known characters like they don't mean a thing for years they finally got the guts to kill one of the fanfavs that that person likes.

Ironhide should have been killed years ago to make room for Scattershot, Highbrow, Slapdash or the hundreds of other guys that never got remotely the overexposure he got.

It's about they start killing the fanfavs and shift attention to lesser known characters.
    It's called starting to write good stories for a change.

Count me in.

5. ultramagnus1

ultramagnus1 Well-Known Member

Complete bs.

Glad to be avoiding it. Zero interest

6. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Don't worry. He'll come back as G2 Ironhide anyway :lol 

7. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    He WAS killed. And then brought back several months later, albeit "different" in that he was a pre-war backup.

Honestly IDW's been pretty good at mixing in the top-tier characters with ones who never get attention - look at how LSOTW defined a bunch of late Euro-G1 toys for the fandom.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

Punctuation is your friend.

9. ultramagnus1

ultramagnus1 Well-Known Member

Here's the thing. While I would love to see scattershot, highbrow, et all get great exposure they won't. They will be background characters at the most which is a great shame.

Look at the roster of bots on the lost light. So many great characters never got a proper look in with james focusing on just a core group of Autobots for the most part. Yeah a lot of characters are in the background but a lot are wasted. I love inferno but what's he done? Emirate xarron another one. I'd love to see these guys come to the forefront. Hoist another one. Yeah he got a spotlight but I would love to see more of him. Smoke screen too.

Just seems a lot of characters are wasted.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hyoumaru

Hyoumaru M.S.B.S. ver. 10.5

Aw that's cute, they think we give a damn about Visionaries.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Grimwolf100

Grimwolf100 Well-Known Member

huwhy

after all kup has gone through in the comics, this is what ends up getting to him. alright whatever im sure he will come back they always do.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  12. Joey Slick

Joey Slick Terrorcon

How do you know who 03Mach1's favorites are?

13. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    LOL. Yes, kill the guy who was during the course of IDW history, already killed TWICE, and has been undead for as long as the universe existed, apparently (don\'t ask... it\'s a stupid story).
    It\'s amazing how comic book writers, despite the decades of comic history, still resort to the \"shock value death of major character in first issue!\" to just raise interest in their product. Sigh.

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
  15. Danny-Boy

Danny-Boy Centurion

News Credits:
    Tbf, it wasn't the writer's idea. It was an editorial edict.

16. CleverNamePendingatron

CleverNamePendingatron Just an ordinary cassette. Nothing to see here.

#1 was alright. It was nothing to write home about, but it was descent enough that I’ll give #2 a read. I could see this getting really good if they play their cards right.

I’m not quite sure how I feel about Kup’s death though. The whole thing wreaked of shock factor, plus no more fun adventures with Action Man. Oh well, knowing Kup, he’ll be back before we even notice he’s gone.

17. TattooedRobot

TattooedRobot Too High To Die TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wow IDW really knows how to drive sales away... I wonder where things go in 12 months I smell a reboot comming.

18. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel like Kup specifically represents something distinct and important in the IDW-verse, being the first Spotlight not written by Furman, and having a dramatically different journey from his traditional interpretations. It was a shame when he died in a crossover mini nobody asked for. We were very fortunate to have him come back to tie most of his story threads in SotW.

And yeah, after that, one could say he was used up, and killing him off is a decent idea. I would agree with that, if he wasn’t yet again killed off in a mini nobody asked for.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Lucas35

Lucas35 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sales of the first issue were good:

http://www.outrightgeekery.com/2018/01/05/transformers-vs-visionaries-1-sells/

Transformers vs. Visionaries #1 Sells Out at Distributor
    Second Printing of the Critically Hailed Debut Coming Soon

The Transformers robots may have met their match in the recently launched series TRANSFORMERS VS. VISIONARIES. After teasing their arrival throughout the latter half of 2017, the Visionaries have officially entered the shared Hasbro comic book universe and are taking on the Transformers Robots in Disguise. The debut shocked fans with a dramatic cliffhanger and garnered widespread acclaim, resulting in a sold-out issue at the distributor level and a second printing ordered.

Scripted by Eisner-nominated writer Magdalene Visaggio (Kim & Kim) with art by fan-favorite Fico Ossio (Revolution), colors by David Garcia Cruz, and letters by Gilberto Lazcano, this hotly anticipated debut is a can’t-miss, pivotal issue, instantly earning its place in any Transformers and Visionaries fan’s essential collection. It’s the perfect jumping on point for new readers to join in the fun and adventure while also providing longtime fans with some exciting developments in the ongoing saga.

After their home planet of Cybertron is invaded, the Transformers bots encounter unwelcome guests… Refugees from another world, the Visionaries’ startling magical abilities could make them powerful allies… or dangerous enemies. It all starts here with the death of a beloved character!

“It’s been amazing seeing the outpouring of love for the story Mags, Fico, and the team have created, as well as the outpouring of love for the dearly departed Kup,” said IDW Associate Editor, David Mariotte. “And things are only just getting started. There’ll be more action, excitement, and drama to come.”

A second printing of the debut issue of Transformers vs. Visionaries #1 (cover art featured here) will arrive on January 31, 2018, the same day issue #2 goes on sale.

20. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Killing Kup in crossovers seems to be a thing with IDW, the first time left a bad taste in my mouth and I suspect this will be the same, especially when it comes from a property I have no knowledge or care for.

They should have asked Nick Roche if he wanted the honours to take him down, when he’s involved death actually means something and his stories have always involved Kup in some way.

I don’t know, I suppose the IDW verse is now the longest running of any Transformers universe so we should expect a reboot at some point, the question is will it sink or swim. Personally I’m unsure if I’d pick up a new G1 reboot book, especially if it continued with the idea of a shared universe all playing in the same toy box but as a UK kid of the 90’s I don’t really hold any nostalgia for said properties outside of Transformers.