International Shipping?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NSP, Mar 7, 2011.

1. NSP

NSP Trust Me!

Ebay:
    I am curious as to how USPS Priority International works. Ive never used this service before. Im about to send a huge box of figures to Argentina. Im just kind of concerned because I heard that once it leaves the U.S. border.....it cant be tracked. Is this true? If so...how can you protect yourself from the buyer saying they never recieved the item...or that they were damaged? It sounds like a VERY risky thing to do. Any info/tips would be appreciated!

2. NSP

NSP Trust Me!

Ebay:
    anyone? :D 

3. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Keep and store sheets/receipts you get from PO clerks that you fill out with your and the other guy's data, the package contents, etc, prior to sending. If they don't give you the original, ask for a photocopy that clearly states all of the above, plus the date you gave the package to the PO workers, the weight of the package, etc. Scan them, and send a digital copy to the buyer. This way you're in the clear if the buyer claims you never sent out the package, or you sent an empty box. You might want to video tape yourself sealing the items in the package box, just in case. That way you covered yourself completely.

When you give the package to the PO, it's out of your hands and you're not responsible if it gets lost. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't ask the buyer if he would like insurance. I know it's more expensive, but it protects the buyer in that if the package gets lost, you can always go to PO and ask them to resolve the matter. I they can't find the package, they must reimburse the shipping price and the value of the package (but only if it was insured) to you, so you can refund the buyer.

And go the nearest PO, and ask about tracking to Argentina. As I recall, priority airmail or express mail (which is fast, but really expensive) have tracking. Although PO clerks will tell you that only express mail is trackable, you can track the priority mail with shipment number provided on the sheet/receipt you get after filling it out. I used priority mail every time I bought tfs from people here on the forums, and have tracked the packages this way every time. First Class Mail is not trackable at all, though.

4. NSP

NSP Trust Me!

Ebay:

Thank you very much! That was very informative.

5. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    If you use Paypal shipping it will track it till it gets delivered.

6. Da_Last_2_Walk

Da_Last_2_Walk Da King Of Pre Rubs TFW2005 Supporter

Did the buyer pay with paypal?