International shipping question..

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by periL75, Aug 12, 2007.

1. periL75

periL75 Soft Fleshy Bi-Ped

Ebay:
    Hi guys, I debated with myself where to put this thread & thought this the best place. Sorry if it needs to be moved.

But my question is about shipping something internationally for an ebay auction.
    What do you guys think is the best method for shipping overseas from the US?
    Any insight & links would be much appreciated.
    Oh, it's probably to the UK btw.
    The only options the ebay calculator gave me seemed a bit ludicrous as far as price goes, so hopefully there's a more affordable way to do it w/out asking for like $50 shipping fee.
    Thanks again to anybody who can help me.
    Ian

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Best policy is to go to the Post Office and have them quote you the rates for the item.

BBTS uses USPS Express Mail, it is fast and reliable as well as insured, and starts at about $35 or so. For smaller things, you might get a lower cost, but I generally expect an expensive shipping fee when I order from the US. I also expect to get charged customs, knock on wood I've not had one get caught recently.

3. periL75

periL75 Soft Fleshy Bi-Ped

Ebay:
    Cool, thanks for your input Sol Fury.
    Luckily it's a pretty small item i'll be sending, but I never realized how dam spendy it is to ship overseas.
    I think I'll take your advice & hold off on an exact quote until I get to the P.O. & find out for sure.
    Thanks again:thumb 

4. joopsta

joopsta loves Animated

News Credits:
    I live in the Netherlands and always let my item ship First Class Intl.
    That's the cheapest airmail. Takes about one week to get it. And never cost more than 15-20 dollars.

You can check for rates at the usps site.