International Bid/Auction Site Assistance

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Deceptigtar, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Does anyone know of a good bid assistant site for like yahoo japan auctions?

I was looking at Rinkya but there are alot of fees involved.

Anyone have good experience with using these sites, and if anyone knows a good one that doesnt charge abunch of fees that would great.

Thanks for the help!

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I usually use Shopping Mall Japan, they work for me.

3. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As far as deputy services go, the biggies are:

www.celga.com
    www.shoppingmalljapan.com
    www.rinkya.com

I've used Celga for years with no problems; nice folks, very responsive and helpful.

I'd say that in addition to having an account with a deputy service, a good bet is to develop 1-1 relationships with a few independent sellers who you have come to trust. Maybe you've had multiple transactions with a few reputable eBay sellers and felt good about them. Ask them if they can track some things down for you, or even bid on certain things when necessary.

Feel free to roll your eyes at the folks who are all "OMG I have uber contax in Japanz", because the reality is that you can often build relationships quite easily with overseas sellers simply by asking politely, paying promptly, exercising patience, etc. There are some folks here on the boards that do this very thing for sellers in the US and have great reputations.

Yahoo Japan takes some practice, though, so be prepared to invest some time in learning how to use and search it. And there are some US buyers who seem to spend every waking moment on it; I'm amazed how many times I've been beaten to the punch on something, then seen someone pipe up here that they had gotten it off YJ. :lol