interesting theory on overall continuity of the cartoons

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by tigatron2002, Jan 12, 2007.

1. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Jess

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ok i had this thought a while ago and posted it on the allspark last night, so im gonna post it here and try to make it a little more coherent. my idea is that all the cartoons are supposed to be in one universe but because people dont get it, it has been officially made into seperate universes. the idea comes from the legend of zelda timeline where the timeline was written out of order ex. ocarina of time being made after links awakening but being before it chronologically. the timeline would be

g1 cartoon (may or may not be able to fit the japanese ones)

a very long time passes (enough time for human society to basically reset and get back to modern tech and also for the events leading to the unicron trilogy to take place ex. omega supremes defeat of unicron, optimus, rodimus and others taking the cyber planet keys etc.)

unicron trilogy (i dont think any years were ever said in show just that each show was 10 years apart, if im wrong please correct me)

300yrs pass
    bw/bm

here are some references within the shows and toylines that help my case

-g1 has no definite end
    -g1 skyfire shows up in shadow in armada leaving cybertron a few eps before jetfire arrives on earth
    -the cybertron show itself has small refrences to g1 as do the toy bios which also reference bw
    -primus is not in the g1 cartoon but is in cybertron which would allow for bw to be just a cartoon continuity
    -300 yrs is a short time for the g1 guys to become legend to the bw guys, and even thousands of years is a stretch since transformers live for millions of years
    -cybertron would give an end to the great war whereas the g1 cartoon doesnt end
    -scrapmetals bio refrences the g1 insecticons setting them up as decendants of the insecticons
    -sky shadows bio refrences the beast wars (which so far there hasnt been an alternate telling of, there is only 1 beast wars in official fiction so i do not think it is refering to a beast wars but instead it is refering to the beast wars
    -in armada unicron looked close enough to his movie version that they even used movie footage for his toy comercial
    -i believe that cybertron blurrs bio showed him to be the original blurr

im sure that there is more that im missing and i know that there are some holes to this theory but i thought that this would be an interesting discussion. as for rid it could probably fit within g1 but the japanese version would probably fit better so that there werent multiple people with the same names running around. also remember before armada debuted there were rumors that it would be a continuation of g1, what if that was true? if any one has info that discredits this theory or more to back it up then please share but please no posts saying that this is pointless because pointing out the pointlessness of a post is pretty pointless in and of itself.

2. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    ive always enjoyed the notion that g1 bw/bm and the AEC trilogy are all the same universe. the idea of human civilization being 'reborn' and having no prior knowledge is sweet. ive basically had the same idea running through my head for some time now. alts dont fit in as well, and RID can die for all i care, but i dig it. and another board member tried fitting classics onto the end of the aec trilogy, and the characters take on characteristics of the g1ers. and i think that rules....

3. chazparks

chazparks Well-Known Member

I don't think it fits. The movie's Unicron was destroyed except for the head. Rebuilding Unicron would have had communication leaks.

Armada Megatron isn't pyscho enough to be G1 Galvatron reformatted.

Blurr wouldn't have lost his fast talking speed for military personality he got.

Optimus is also to different.

BW also isn't a continuation of G1 look at where the body are located at in the ark in BW vs the first episode of G1. Earthquakes may move the bodies but they were in to different of a place for just a normal earthquake movement.

The AEC transformers should remember something of G1 and BW.

4. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

I think it all works just fine if you allow a lot of time to pass between generations. Each "Earth" doesn't have the be the same earth. They could all be different planets in different parts of the galaxy.

I always gave Armada Blurr this back story. He and some other Autobots were in a battle on some remote planet with no intelligent life. They were stranded there and everyone died except for Blurr. Blurr was beat up badly and could no longer move. He sat, alone on this planet during the Beast Wars and was eventually found in the Armada age. THAT would explain the change in personality.

5. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Jess

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    first off i wasnt saying any of the show characters were the same, g1 blurr is cybertron blurr not armada blurr, and optimus and megs are new people not the originals, i dont think i ever said that

6. Severus

Severus Curmudgeon TFW2005 Supporter

In order for that to have happened, we would have needed to utterly destroy ourselves in spectacular fashion, especially considering that humans had expanded off of Earth by the end of G1, and colonies other than earth were strongly implied, if not outright stated. Otherwise, if we just wiped out earth the colonies would probably come back and sort things out. This destruction would probably also have to not involve the Transformers in any way, because you can be darn sure they'd be remembered otherwise.

I don't think it works - something like that would HAVE to be mentioned or alluded to in the cartoons, and as far as I know, it isn't (though I never watched a lot of Armada-Cybertron).

Cataclysms like that become important cultural touchstones. That's the kind of stuff you number timelines from and base religions off of. Not to mention that a human society taken back to square one would be quite different, even assuming that there was no real damage to the Earth and no future junk lying around. If nothing else, lots of the easily available resources have already been used up - less available for people to just happen on to and make the connections that led to things like the bronze age happening, or the industrial revolution.

7. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Jess

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    well human civilization wouldnt have to be reset back to ground zero, just have enough time pass for humans to forget the transformers and technology to take a few steps back, im sure thats happened in real life before. also remember the g1 guys werent just legend to the bw guys im sure they called the g1ers ancient, 300 yrs is a short time to be ancient. also note that in cybertron the g1ers are called the ancient ones. maybe a coincidence or another little reference thrown in there, ive already shown that the references are there, we just have to put them together.

8. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I wouldn't be surprised if, purely from a TOY perspective, Armada might've had some design intentions of being a G1 continuation early on, as in "post-Rebirth". I seem to remember (but can't really back-up) talk saying that was Takara's plans for Armada before changes were made. It could be said (vaguely) that Armada Optimus Prime was a carryover of the Powermaster prime combining sensibility, and Armada Megatron the bizzare result of Galvatron and Zarak/Scorponok wandering off at the end of "Rebirth" (one killed the other and incorporated their tech/power, natch' :)  )

Maybe, maybe not. It's already obvious that Cybertron had toys of Hot Shot, Jetfire, Red Alert, and others before Gonzo and Takara decided "Nope, Galaxy Force is a reboot", and decided to give them a new set of names.

9. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Well-Known Member

The G1 Autobots and Decepticons awoke in 1984 from the big sleep and wrap things up around 2006-7. Then Armada was based in 2010 (it says on the back of the DVDs. Energon was 10 years after so 2020 and Cyb in 2030.

Don't get me wrong the continuity idea sounds awesome, but in my opinion the G1 homages shown in the Unicron trilogy were nothing more than homages.

10. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Jess

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    also remember that the continuity glitches in the unicron trilogy are explained by the black hole, the same could be said for continuity glitches between g1 and the unicron trilogy