Interesting, some posters think ROTF game is better than WFC

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Heh, that poster's an idiot.

I mean, RotF was going in the right direction. The MP was fun and addicting but also had problems. The WfC demo alone has already improved most of that.

3. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah WFC seems pretty balanced from what I've seen. And I love how it seems faster.

4. Thepower911

Thepower911 Decepticon

I loved ROTF, but WFC is miles better, and I only sampled the game from the demo. Maybe the person who made that topic, were just attached to the control scheme of ROTF and are having a tough time adjusting or something.

5. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

That's probably it. They likely got schooled and gave up quickly, then complained. The WFC gameplay is miles better than ROTF, and ROTF was actually pretty damn fun online.

Hmm....I'll do my own little comparison between the games.

Graphics: The two games have vastly different graphical styles. ROTF has a cleaner, more realistic look, while WFC is much more fantastical, colorful, and stylized. The environments in WFC look better, but character model wise, if you ignore the stylistic differences between movieverse and WFC, the models and animation in ROTF might actually be slightly better. I'd give the overall edge to WFC but it's actually quite a bit closer than I thought it would be. I was expecting better lighting from WFC.

Controls: I enjoy the transform mechanic from ROTF quite a bit. It made for lots of crazy long-jumping. The aiming worked well too, but melee was annoying at best. WFC's melee is great, it's very powerful but not annoying to execute. The aiming in WFC is more difficult though. Overall, the two are quite similar. Melee is powerful in both, you have two weapons in both, transforming can get you massive air in both. WFC is just a bit more speed oriented while ROTF was more precision oriented.

Gameplay: Here's where ROTF gets crushed. Having only sampled two gametypes with most of the game features locked, WFC was already deeper. The strategy wrinkles available in WFC are obvious, with massive differences in play style between characters. Conquest mode was actually huge fun, leading me to believe that the other gametypes will be too. The sheer amount of customization that'll be in the full game is equal to something like COD Modern Warfare 2. ROTF multiplayer was well done but simple, and the maps were severely lacking, not having been tuned for gameplay at all, and being far too simple.

6. Kenji

Kenji Well-Known Member

dude its gamefaqs forums never link from there horrible trolls and people over there

7. Rhinox

Rhinox We bring surreal to life

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not going to say that WfC is better than the RoTF game at this time. Frankly, I don't think anyone can say that after playing a limited demo. We CAN say that we like what we've seen, that the demo makes us think the full game will be better, but it is entirely too premature to say that War for Cybertron is better based solely upon the demo.

We've got to be patient. WfC will be out in 10 days and then we can all rush to judgements. ;) 

8. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    yea, WFC is way better, i found ROTF to be more boring than the first movie game

9. SwindlesShop

SwindlesShop Kenny Power's drug dealer

News Credits:
    they needa jump off a cliff

10. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It won't take much for WFC's story mode to be better than RoTF's story mode.
    That thing was boring as hell.

No Optimus, I don't want to fix anymore damn communication arrays!

11. demonicvenom07

demonicvenom07 Well-Known Member

I can honestly say that the demo for WFC is better then the entire ROTF game. Thats just how I feel. ROTF was ok, but everything about this game is on a entirely different level......EVERYTHING IS.

12. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    I can't think of a single thing ROTF really did better. The melee system is deeper (which I kinda miss) but if you got stuck in a combo animation in this game you would get your skidplate blown off. Glad they made it a bit simpler, tho I wish it felt more... accurate? IDK, sometimes it feels off.Oh and sniping. Sniping was better in ROTF. But the vehicles felt stuck in the mud in ROTF, Sideswipe was slow as $#!t!

13. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Kenji is right lots of people troll on gamefaqs i dont take anything on their forums seriously for that very reason.

14. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

I'm with Caesar about the melee system. He articulated what I was trying to but couldn't quite do so.

Playing the WFC demo I sometimes find myself reflexively trying to do ROTF melee moves and then getting killed for it. The ROTF melee system felt a lot more like actual Transformers combat, but it did so at the expense of other gameplay elements.

Overall, I don't think ROTF will go down in history as crap, but I think WFC will end up being a classic.

15. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I rented ROTF for $7.00... I spent $6.75 too much, nuff said.

16. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    RotF had better controls, and melee. The controls made you feel like you were an actual alien robot disguising itself as a car. WFC makes you push another button just to finish transforming.

RotF melee had a diverse number of maneuvers that can be done, from a simple 3-hit combo, to more complicated advanced ramming and gound-pounding techniques. WFC has you flail your weapon near a robot and they blow up.

When you beat someone in RotF you felt like you actually accomplished something. In WFC they just instantly respawn, usually behind you.

17. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    I played ROTF once, and was so irritated by the fact that you had to constantly accelerate if you were in vehicle mode that I never touched it again.

Really, that design choice made NO sense to me at all. You can't even come to a STOP in vehicle mode? Ridiculous.

18. Rhinox

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So, is it the general concensus that RoTF has better melee? How about anything else? Melee is but one small factor of a game, a minor factor in a shooter. I don't see why people are so negative about the melee controls when you're going to be shooting more than pounding.

19. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Why would you want to stop in the first place? To give the guys shooting at you an easier target?

20. Rhinox

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    to change direction?