Interesting poll in Bay's webpage : Prime's faceplate or lips

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by WWMEGATRON, May 4, 2007.

1. WWMEGATRON

WWMEGATRON Well-Known Member

2. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

I did, and I voted for "Lips" because the person who created the poll had irresponsibly plucked an image out of context to get the result he wanted.

3. WWMEGATRON

This leads me to a question :

How can one make his poll here ??

Is it just the administration decision or do we (Members) can by ourselves??

4. WWMEGATRON

Yeah !! I shoudn't post this one at all!!

5. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    Ugh, if I was going by the pic in the poll, I would vote LIPS anyday. The photoshopped mask looks worse.

6. ANDROID PRIME

ANDROID PRIME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was thinkign about it, why would any of them have lips. its not like they need them to pronounce different words, scine they probably just have speakers or what not. But I guess you could say that about sooo many things in the transformers universe. like why even have heads?

7. Turnpike

Turnpike Brawl is my bee-otch

Whoever posted that poll doesn’t know anything about the movie, or clearly doesn’t want to understand and is just a sad excuse for another close-minded G1 fanboi.

Read the script. It’s a powerful scene. To take away the face would mean to take away any emotion the scene is supposed to deliver.

8. redsquadron

You can post what you wish. I was pointing out that he's referring to a single out of context image for his poll (pointless) and if he isn't and is in fact referring to the film as a whole, he should have offered a third choice: "A balance of the two".

As the poll stands now it isn't representative, as it's asking about that one, single frame from the film. If the person behind the poll then proffers the results as "proof" that nobody likes the PRIME face 'sans mask' then he's on dodgy ground indeed.

9. Autobot HipHop

Autobot HipHop Covert Operations

The way that I would try to explain the general look of the transformers would be to say that all Transformer are created in their god Primus' image (Head, eyes, mouth etc.).

Then, you can have Primus himself linked to our human history in some way. This would explain why transformers have similar traits to humans because a mouth, nose and head may not seem practical for a robot.

Perhaps Primus was created by a human civilization in the future and obtained the ability to time travel. Thus going back to the beginning of time and creating his own race of sentient beings.

Heh, sorry for brainstorming on the boards. I'm just bored at work. It's Friday! :) 

10. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    It's very cunning. By making the people voting feel as though there's no middle ground, they will vote for "no lips". Thus skewing the poll results.
    Or, to put it another way, that entire poll is absolute bullshit.

11. redsquadron

That's why I voted "lips". Childish spite maybe, but who cares?