Interesting Comment a Parent Made at TRU

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by soundwaveCA, Apr 7, 2009.

1. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I was in Toys R Us the other day and some mother refused to by her kid Animated toys as she told him that the movie was coming out soon and she would buy him stuff then. Just found this interesting as I have a feeling this might hurt Animated a lot in the runup to the movie.

2. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun UNLEASHED!

News Credits:
    damn, and here we're blaming Hasbro, and some parents have the same mindset, proving Hasbro right.
    Sigh... I love Animated so much.

3. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    That's a cool mum, she is actually in the know. Well done her.

I dunno once all the movie hype goes into overdrive won't kids want animated based soley on the fact its a transformer as well as wanting movie toys. I thought when the franchise is hyped all Transformers toy lines in some way succeed.

4. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damn. It may be smart parenting, because once the movie hits and the kid sees the movie/toys, the parent may be figuring the kid will be constantly whining for those toys, so why buy them something now when they can wait less than two months and buy them stuff then and shut them up for awhile (in theory).

Damn Hasbro. Assuming they were planning for this, good business move by them. But damn.

Though the kid could end up whining for Animated toys later this year anyways after the movie buzz dies down

5. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    Most Mums no nothing regarding TF. My wife has been living with TF for 10 years and the only detail to sink in is that the red one is Optimus. I heard recently at TRU a woman telling her friend that her son was not old enough to be able to build a Transformer. Build - the dam things have what they do in the name for crying out loud.

6. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Wow, that IS interesting. I wonder how many average parents out there share that exact same theory?

7. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    She's a Hasbro employee. I just KNOW it.

8. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    That's awesome! Way to go Mom!

9. Omega_Soundwave

Omega_Soundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How is that awesome? It hurts Animated.

10. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    It doesn't hurt Animated at all. In fact, it'll help all other existing TF lines. If a family goes to the store, and little Timmy wants movie-bot A, and all they have is Animated-bot-B, he'll still probably go home with a TF toy either way.
    When the first movie hit, ALL TF items in the stores were plundered just because they were Transformers. Hell, I ended up buying a Universe or two when I couldn't find concept BB.

11. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Better than the comment I heard in a Target last week. I heard a mother tell her son, "No, no Transformers, they never work anyway." Which in my head meant that a kids toy with 5 to 10 steps for a conversion is too difficult or too much of a pain in the ass for the parent. I almost ran up and slapped her.

12. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    2 months is quite awhile to wait. Who cares if the kid drops a $14.99 toy in a couple of months? At least he would enjoy it for a little bit, hell it might even be broken by then. I hope she got him something otherwise bringing your kid to a toy store and not getting him anything is just mean.

13. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    $10 says that when the movie line comes out, she finds another way to stall him.

14. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well I was pissed about them canceling Universe 2.0, and apparently TF Animated the series is getting canceled and it's probably taking it's toy's down with it. I don't know why they want to cancel all these successful line's just cause the movie. If they want them to steal the movie toy's thunder why don't they just make limited quantities of Animated and Universe? Instead of 4-6 a wave why not 1-3? Me I stop buying the first movie toys before X-mas 2007. and apparently nobody else was buying them cause in Jan 2008 they were on clearance at Target. Then it was months of "real gear" and "all-spark battles" until like late summer. Aside from ROTF Sideswipe and Starscream I won't walk into Target and buy a Transformer fig until Universe 3.0 comes out.

15. rapid_fire

rapid_fire Banned

i dont know about your guys area's, but here, animated isn't selling too well. We still have first wave guys on the shelf

16. starscream-99

News Credits:
    Amen to that. My son broke his Animated toy's within a couple of weeks.

17. starscream-99

News Credits:
    My area don't sell them well either but not too bad that they still have wave 1.

18. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I tell my kids stuff like that all the time. I still buy them stuff, just not stuff i don't want them to have.

19. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    I think that some parents are just being tighter on spending. Without knowing the peoples current financial situation its hard to pass comment.

ROTF has put things on hold and who knows whats going to happen to anyting post movie. The fate of TFA is up in the air, same as every other line. GI Joe has gone the same way (god im worried about that film :(  )

Toys will go after all these films have passed, trouble is we don`t know what will happen and this seems to be where the stress is coming from. In the days before the web was so widely used we used to get a heads up from places like Tomarts or Lee`s but now info is instant and available. I think this is why and I include myself in this that people can get frustrated sometimes if the info isn`t forthcoming, we have been spoilt.

20. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow. Wave 1 stuff here is a distant memory. I can't tell you the last time I saw Prowl or BB... its all Blurr and Swindle.