Interested in DOTM Megatron....

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by PaulK80, May 26, 2011.

1. PaulK80

PaulK80 Deceptibot

Ebay:
    With the new movie on the verge of release & the new toy-line on shelves, I've just bought the Voyager Megatron & had an interesting thought....

In the 1st 2 movies, Megatron was so bad @$$ & cocky, he didn't give a d@mn about having an Earth mode, opting for a Cybertronian Jet, then Tank/Jet. Now, he's chosen a dilapidated semi (and not as aesthetically pleasing to the eyes like his "brother" Optimus). I know it has the front grill for possible ramming, crunching, & such, but still.... the loss of part of his face is enough to cower him to be Earthly?! I guess Shockwave will be the new uber-intense one cause he apparently said "F IT!" & went with his own Cybertron tank mode.

2. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    Well, now he's just kinda trying to hide form NEST. You may say "How is his truck in any way a good disguise?"

Well, what's more obvious, a truck like his rolling down the street, or an alien tank parallel parked across the street?

3. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Consider he's taken refuge in Africa as well. In some parts, a beat-up Mack would easily fit in.

4. PaulK80

PaulK80 Deceptibot

Ebay:
    Very true indeed as even beat up semi's are somewhat common even here in the states. (Was a truck driver for 5 years & saw my fair share of them) I just thought he would have found a way to stay hidden from NEST without "giving up" on his "F Earth" mentality.

5. dsprks75

dsprks75 Well-Known Member

And since we're on the subject of Megatron and his vanity, I've got a question I've been knocking around... Do you think it's out of character for Megatron to cover up his face that that tarp thing? Personally the Megatron I know wouldn't hide that, but use it to scare and intimidate the Autobots or his own troops... Like if one of the 'Cons made a comment about his face, Megatron would just destroy him on the spot, just to show everyone else he meant business...

6. longhorn35

longhorn35 40 Something Fan

Apparently it may prevent energon from leaking out... which it does regularly...

7. PaulK80

PaulK80 Deceptibot

Ebay:
    I kind of wondered all that too! He does come off as someone who doesn't care how he looks & I agree that if 1 of his own made a comment about it, they'd be blasted on site. It may in fact hold a purpose that only the novel would try & describe.