Intelligent questions for the Hasbro Panel.

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Aaron, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    So chatting with Jarodimus at the comic shop got me to thinking. We need a thread with a list of good, intelligent questions for the Hasbro panel. None of the "Why no Fort Max Reissue even though it's been gone over 12098 times online. I saw a picture and state law says if you see the pictures you have to release it" questions. Or "Why didn't First Aid make it into the Classics line, he was the dreamiest Protectobot of them all?"

Some that bounce around in my noggin...

Has there ever been a toy that you thought would do well and flopped, or vice versa?

What is the hardest part of the process from concept to final product?

Was it/how much more difficult was it to design the movie toys with both modes basically designed for you?

How many manhours go into the process from beginning to end, or through each phase?

2. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
  3. Aaron

News Credits:
    Twitter:

SONUVA...

Uhm... I said good questions?

4. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    that said, yeah, i'd like to expand on my personal list about their experience working with ILM to produce the movie toys.

i'm sure the ILM guys were like, hey habro duders why dont we make the design like this and this, and the vet/jaded hasbro guys are like, dude you guys dont know shit abt TFs under their breath.

for instance, which movie design did ILM/habro most agreed on, and which was the least? that kinda info would be cool.

5. Aaron

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    That's the spirit. I guess the last couple of Hasbro Panels have really really soured me towards Hasbro panels. The Megatron reissue question is asked every year, and not surprisingly it's always the same answer.

And whomever started hissing in displeasure last year, should have just been booted out. With a boot.

6. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Let's see....questions

1 - In terms of designing the toys for the movie, did you find it easy or difficult to have the toys look accurate to their on screen counterpart?

2 - Do you find it more difficult year after year coming up with new directions for the toyline in general?

Somebody hissed at the Hasbro panel?......Maybe it was an Allspark member, stories I hear indicate hissin' was their thing last year

7. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

i'm affraid to stir up a hornets nest, but i'd like to think what hasbro thinks of the unlicenced re-issues and what they think of fan services like reprolabels, and reproparts. it's something that would be great to get an official responce on, but then again, i don't want to draw to much attention to it and have reprolabels shut down or something. :( 

8. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    obviously theyll disapprove it. dudes may say something else off the record but repping the company at major events, itd be career suicide to say 'gee i guess these ppl who rip off our products are kinda okay'.

9. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    I really wouldn't mind fi we had to submit questions in advance so they could weed out the garbage we've heard a million times....except the Seacons question...I'm OK with pestering htem about that one :p 

10. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i'm actually surprised they dont do that. whats to keep guys from asking retarded questions?

11. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would like to know if they are planning on more tributes to the G1 guys (i.e. robot heroes, classics, alternators, plush figures)

If the masterpiece Starsceam is really coming, what about repaints for Thundercracker and Skywarp, hell why not do all the seekers.

I wonder if we'll see any design or figs for the new cartoon series.

12. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed. T'would be ideal if one of our Hasbro-connected admins could share the results of this thread so the Hasbro team could have something to work from--instead of the high risk of goofball questions that might come up on the fly.

I'd like to know:

1. When we see test shots on eBay, have they been stolen from the factory?
    (I'd like a final, definitive yes or no on this one)

2. What will the future relationship of TakaraTomy and Hasbro look like collaboratively?
    (Since the AEC trilogy was specifically contracted, I'm interested to know what's happening next-- is there a five year deal? Ten year? Going their separate ways? etc...

13. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I plan on attending but I am not going to ask any questions. I will leave that to everyone else. I just hope to hear some good news about G1 inspired stuff.

14. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    *pushes glasses back up to bridge of nose*

"Sooooo when are we going to see those Universe Seacons?"

*runs out of thread, exceeding the speed limit*

15. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    tfw2005 should get a dude to wear a sandwich board with a DO NOT ASK list outside the hasbro panel room XD

16. Wajo357

Wajo357 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well... I've been thinking about this for the past few days, so here it goes.

We've know that in the movie Bumblee rescans to a newer car - thus making two toys for Hasbro.

What are your plans for the sequel? I can't imagine you will have the major characters remain in the same vehicle mode because no one would want to buy the same toy twice. However, changing their mode for every movie would be cheesy and an obvious attempt to have them change their modes just to sell toys. Do you have plans on what you are going to do?

17. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    I'd like to know their thoughts on "store exclusives" and why they do them.

I've never seen a reissued Soundwave on the shelf at TRU. Not a single Alternator Ravage and Rumble have passed though a Wal-Mart north of Chicago.

Why make store exclusives when HasbroToyShop.com is the place for the fans?

18. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    -I'm curious about whether there were differences working with ILM, and what said differences were.

-Universe Seacons, Classics Cosmos, How do I break into the voice acting industry, etc yadda yadda.

-Will Automorph be the perennial movie gimmick, or will that change for the next couple films' toylines

19. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'd like to know what exactly has been done to improve the QC on Hasbro's version of MP Starscream.

20. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    If I see someone doing that this year I intend to get up, walk over to them, and tell them to stop it. In front of everyone.
    What I would like to know:
    -How far in advance were the movie toy designs actually designed? How much input was Hasbro, and how much was ILM?