Integrating Movie-original characters to other series

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by HeroicC300, Aug 31, 2017.

1. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Beyond just having them show up. If you gave them accurate places, where would you put them and how?

A few ideas of mine:
    G1 Daytrader: Junkion merchant who travels the stars scavenging and reselling what he finds, whether or not it works. New alt-mode: rig cab with tarp-covered dump trailer

Armada Steelbane/Cogman: Autobot knight with a more traditional dragon mode (main minicon gimmick would be flipping the wings over to form a shield in the front) and his lupine companion who while loyal, is more than a bit vicious

Energon Stormreign/Kingbolt (AKA Dragonicus): More Autobot Knights, one with a griffin alternate mode and one with a dragon alt. Noble and righteous but sometimes come off as arrogant and egotistical. Would be voyager shirt/pants guys for the extra size

RiD01(!) Jolt: Autobot police officer, uses his lightning powers like tazers to subdue enemies

Cybertron Canopy and Trench: Gigation workers who excavate worksites and haul the materials off to be processed; no idea for the minis (Wheelie and Sqweeks?) but their cyber key gimmicks would be powering up/extending the trenching equipment and a deploying shield

Animated Mohawk and Nitro Zeus: Decepticon thugs with minor skills in blades and information gathering

Armada Mohawk and Nitro Zeus: Decepticon shock trooper and his psychotic buddy. Main powerlinx gimmick would be flip out cannons

Anyone got other ideas for how to work in movie-original characters to other continuities?

2. Dropkick

Dropkick Worse aim than Misfire.

Google+:
    YouTube:
    Nitro-Zeus (Cybertron or Armada)
    War-mongering Decepticon who loves to casually stalk his prey. Mostly humans.
    Cyber-key Power:
    Either use those giant turbines on his back as cannons, or deploy much larger cannon on his Cannon arm (Right Arm)

(Cybertron) Dragonstorm:
    Giant behemoth who is a combiner comprising of 5 Beast planet natives.
    Cyber-Key Power:
    Need help on this one.

3. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

If you put him into any other continuity you could have more freedom with the vehicle mode but I think in G1 he would have to be a Junk ion motorcycle.

Anyway, I keep wanting to imagine Barricade appearing in other continuities as Prowl's twin and former partner on the Cybertron police force who unknown to Prowl had switched factions and was working undercover for the Decepticons. Just any other Continuity where there's a Prowl, there would also be a Barricade who looks exactly like him but with his color scheme inverted.

4. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    I could see Daytrader working as a field agent for any given Swindle.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    I'd like to imagine a lot of these movie bots showing up in moments of G1 we haven't seen yet in the cartoons or comics

Daytrader(G1) - Is an intergalactic smuggler working on the galactic black market to sell scrap metal and other random junk he finds to the highest bidder; occasional run ins with Autobots, Decepticons, & Quintessons sees him even get paid for valuable intel.

Barricade(G1) - A Decepticon law bot and one of Megatron's longest supporters who specializes in interrogation who has now made his way to Earth aboard the Ark. A lot of these bots I could totally see show up in untold stories of G1 I'd totally rewrite things to add Barricade as a part of Megatron's original line up of Decepticons aboard the Nemesis.

Nitro Zeus(G1) - A part of a trio of Decepticon Thugs who terrorize the populace of Cybertron, a lot of stories about him I could see told sometime after the Ark left Cybertron and before they awake on Earth. By 1984 he has been arrested for many war crimes and other petty crimes only to be freed sometime before 2005 circa the 1986 Movie joining up with Galvatron's main forces in Season 3.

Mohawk(G1) - A part of Nitro Zeus' trio of Decepticon Thugs. By the time the Autobots & Decepticons of the Ark awake in 1984 he has been arrested and put behind bars back on Cybertron and like Nitro Zeus he is freed alongside others by the main Decepticons of the cartoon before 2005 circa the 1986 movie. Sadly for him before the movies end he is killed alongside the likes of Shockwave when Unicron attacks Cybertron.

Berserker(G1) - Alongside Mohawk & Nitro Zeus he works as a trio of Thugs who terrorize Cybertron alongside other Decepticons working for Shockwave. By 1984 he has been put behind bars but unlike Mohawk & Nitro Zeus he is not freed from his cell and by the time of the 1986 in the year 2005 he is killed during Unicron's attack on Cybertron, the prison he is contained in is part of Cybertron Unicron has first attacked.

Blackout(G1) - Making his first appearance in an episode of Season 2 he has a lot of the abilities his animated counterpart shares. He serves loyally to Megatron throughout the season and up until Megatron's death in 2005 circa the 1986 movie. He is last seen flying alongside random Seekers (who look a lot like the Coneheads) only to be shot down by Unicron.

There are a lot of characters beyond these movie bots that came out since the cartoon ended that I'd love to see the show rewritten to include like Drift, Bulkhead, Windblade, Slipstream, & Lugnut.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    I would add Nitro Zeus to Cybertron with Sideways and Soundwave. His head really reminds me of their style. His Planet X key would flip his turbines over his shoulders. Maybe a Crumplezone retool?

Energon Dreadbot. He would be a repaint of Towline, but his sled would be advertised as his hypermode instead of Powerlinx.

Armada Barricade w/ Frenzy. Powerlinxing would turn his hands into buzz saws. The Frenzy Mini-con would have a boom box mode.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Some of the movie characters have been in different versions of G1.

One of each of Barricade and Lockdown's toys have been repurposed as their G1 selves.

Wreckage has been repurposed in a version of G1 in the Collector's Club magazine as Reckage. I'm pretty sure Dirt Boss the forklift has been used as the basis for drones in another of their stories.

In the Angry Birds crossover, we're given a glimpse of an alternate G1 where Drift looks like his movie self.

Personally, I'd like to see the Real Gears used in G1. Meantime could be a Decepticon torturer. His watch mode could attach itself to a victim like the watch on Sam's wrist in Dark of the Moon. Even the name Meantime could be reinterpreted to suggest his function as torturer.

8. SaberPrime

Oh, you know Magnificus, that Black Decepticon Perceptor repaint. I've kinda repurposed him as G1 Scalple in my head canon. I know Scalple wasn't colored that way but I like the black color scheme better and it's a better name than Magnificus. That sounds like a name for a magician character on a little kids PBS show who ironically teaches kids science instead of actually doing illusions like a real magician would.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    Nitro Zeus would fit in with Sideways and Soundwave perfectly! He'd really complete the Planet X trine.

I could see Bonecrusher appearing in Animated as this corporate stooge working for Dirt Boss. Maybe he could be like a part-time Constructicon as a reference to his G1 incarnation before moving on to be his own thing.

Springjack/Rampage could also be cool in Animated, as a Constructicon who gets on the other Constructicons' nerves from bouncing around a bunch.

I could see Mohawk in Cybertron as a far more twitchy, less mellow partner to Lugnutz. Not entirely sure what his gimmick would be, though.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Daytrader- G1 Junkion & Animated Allspark Mutation

Nitro Zeus- Animated MAS member, G1 Seeker, & Aligned Bounty Hunter

Deadbot- Animated Allspark Mutation

Berserker- Beast Era Viking

Mohawk- Animated MAS member, & Aligned Thug

The Knights of Iacon- G1 Autobot Combiner Team

Cogman- G1 Cyberdroid, and Unicron Trilogy Mini-Con

Canopy- G1 Junkion

Trench- G1 ex-Constructicon turned Autobot

• Like Like x 1
  11. Pax Cybertronia

Pax Cybertronia Member

I can imagine Daytrader as being an Autobot merchant in Transformers: Animated, supplying arms to the Elite Guard. He could have an episode where he crashes on Earth and is then hunted down by Lockdown.

If Bulldog were to be in Generation One, I could imagine him being an old friend of Optimus Prime. Old and war-weary, but with plenty of experience that he often shares with the younger 'bots such as Bumblebee.

Nitro Zeus in Animated could be a Decepticon bounty hunter like Lockdown, but he's far more egotistical and thinks he's a celebrity among the Decepticons, whereas most other Decepticons think him as merely an annoyance.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SaberPrime

What about having Nitro Zeus in Energon as another Shock blast and Six shot repaint. The three of them could be triplettes.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    Now we just need to figure out if we could bring him into Armada and he could be one of the few to be in all three... OH! An Armada Starscream retool/repaint!