Insuring collections?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by clankizle, Jul 13, 2011.

1. clankizle

clankizle Well-Known Member

I don't know if this thread belongs here but I need some help on the matter. I just talked to my insurance company and they told me in the event of a break in or fire they will not cover collectibles such as transformers. They will only pay cash value of what the toy costs to make. I have no idea how they figure out what a toy costs to make but I had a supervisor confirm this. They told me no insurance covers collectibles. I argued that my friend had his baseball card collection stolen and was compensated for the going rate on the cards. Bottom line is I have spent way too much time and money on my collection and need it insured. Any help on who or how to cover it?

2. iamirondude

iamirondude Member

Ebay:
    if your in australia suncorp metway.they insure for the total cost to replace your collection.i have mine insure with them for alot of money but the payments are really cheap.

3. Dex17113

Dex17113 Well-Known Member

You have a lousy insurance company.....

Contact State Farm insurance. They have a rider available for home owners insurance that will permit you to take extra coverage for collectibles of ANY kind - including toys. That's who my policy is through.

Dex

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits: