Instructions

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by MaikeruSan, Apr 5, 2008.

1. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    Instructions or not? If so Why? Personally me no, It takes away my thrill and fun of the new figure. I just pitch them. I should recycle more good for the animals.

2. alecgates15

alecgates15 DK is Triple Hitler

News Credits:
    I use em to make sure I don't break my precious toys.

3. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    Ive never broke any of my toys, Unless you rip and pull them they shouldnt brake.

4. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Welcome to MaikeruSan's "I'm better at this than you" thread. Please line up and explain your insufficiency. One at a time, please. :D 

5. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    No no ones better, I just think its funner! Im just curious? Im not trying to be better than anyone, What ever floats your boat mate. If you want to turn somthing into somthing else go ahead. But never mind, If you see it that way. I think its boring, and takes away the fun of a new figure. But obivously im trying to be better than all of you.

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I've noticed looking at some instructions that if I followed them, I would have broken the figure.

alternator ravage v2 is a good example. I dont think the instructions say to pull the legs out to the side before rotating them.

7. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i normally try to avoid using the instructions but theres definitely a couple out there that you need it at certain point. alts and MPs mostly.

8. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    Masterpiece Megatron is a bit delecate when it comes to the small hinge that basiclly holds his two halves together. I wish his fusion cannon would be smaller. I dont have ravage, I have battle ravage.

9. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    Alt Grimlock mabey? Pain in the ass figure, I didnt use the instructions but there was alot of fiddling, never touched it again. Allthough I do use his sword for other purposes, along with his head ^.^!

10. lookinglasself

lookinglasself 1.21 Jigowatts

I always use them for the first transformation. After that, they get put back in to the box.

11. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

I want the instructions for my MIB G1, just to make them as complete as possible. As for the others, I just throw the instructions in a box & save them in case I need them someday. I've had to go back to look at the instructions for Omega Prime & Universe Devastator so it's good to have them handy.

12. alecgates15

alecgates15 DK is Triple Hitler

News Credits:
    Exactly, it's all memorization of the 100 or so transformations I have.

13. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Same here. That's part of the reason I don't bey a repaint/retool of a mold that I own - part of the joy for me is opening the package, holding the figure in vehicle mode (most of the time), then transforming them all. Then they're memorised for life (Alt Skids took a while though - and I still have troubles).

14. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I usually try to transform them on my own, and only look at the directions if I run into trouble or after I'm done to make sure I did it right. Usually I only need them to transform the thing BACK into vehicle/whatever mode.

15. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Same as Rod. I'll keep 'em, but first time out I'll always transform it without the instructions unless I hit a part I can't figure out, or I'm not sure if I did it right. To be honest, I sometimes find that by not following the instructions, you can actually come up with better versions of the fig - you know, subtle bits like not folding things up that are supposed to be, little aesthetic bits.

But yeah, basically, only use the instructions if I get stuck.

16. silverstreak70

silverstreak70 Well-Known Member

I usually try to transform the first time without instructions. Most older G1 stuff is easy, but the newer ones sometimes can be a little tricky for me. Especially if there is some hidden feature that so many seem to come with now. I can do most of them without instructions if I have a pic of what the alt mode is supposed to look like. After that, I keep mine in sleeve protectors set up in binders by toy line in case I ever have to refer back to them. It's easier than going back and trying to find the box, or digging through a box of carded fig instructions.