Instead of Rebirth, would an American dub of Headmasters have been better?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Bass X0, Jan 5, 2009.

1. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

I agree, this would have been the best bet. I didn't like how fast they ended the American ver. so fast, I have yet to have seen the whole series of headmasters, but this would have helped the toy line out a bit more.

2. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

Headmasters was rotten, you can't get around that with better dialogue. The existing dub is a massive amount of "wtf?" as well, it sounds like two or three guys are doing all the voices and characters are renamed at random. Metroplex is called bloody Philip for example.

3. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

The scary thing is that the randomness of that dub actually improves Headmasters.

4. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    The two factors which really benefit the Headmaster series are 1)The Japanese take on why Headmasters are a good idea is logistically more sound. 2)Fighting...The fights don't all end up with everyone on both sides, somehow, shooting the ground near the enemy's feet. Blaster/Soundwave Magnus/Sixshot...

5. New Soundwave

New Soundwave SUXXOR

I agree 100%. The music was horrible, and the voice acting (if u want to call it that) speaks for itself

6. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    yeah. i just didn't like the music in Headmasters at all. and neither did i like the voice acting even the Japanese original.

I did love Rebirth though - the music was energetic, rousing and a lot more catchier than the quite generic music in Headmasters. The voices in Rebirth fit the characters well and had lots of personality whereas the Headmasters voices were like the music, generic nor had no personality showing through.

If Rebirth had been dubbed with the same music and voices as in Headmasters I would hate it. But I really do believe that if the reverse was true - that Headmasters had been dubbed with Rebirth's voices and music that it would be just as fun to watch as Rebirth is. And as I said there are some dumb scenes in Headmasters (Cyclonus and Scourge trying to help Galvatron in a fight but accidentally drop a rock on him instead, panic and run away) but how many episodes is Headmasters? Still better than a mere three episodes of Rebirth.

7. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

Quality not quantity.